Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drain clearage companies - recommendations kinda urgent please!

Options
  • 15-10-2007 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

The drain leading from the toilet to our main sewer is blocked and backed up. :(

Long story so I'll spare you the details but have tried all the DIY options inc plunger, wires, rods, host combo pump and plunger, but no joy.

I think the main blockage cleared, but there may be a few feet of backed up toilet paper etc which we can't clear as drain takes a big ninety degree turn we can't get around.

So, can anyone recommend a drain clearage company they've used? as will have to call them out in the morning? Preferably someone who knows what they are at and doesn't cost the earth. I'm in North County Dublin BTW.

Also, any ideas on callout fee / price based on previous experience would be helpful.

I know Fingal County Council has a drain clearage service for 'private foul drains' which you have to pay for. Anyone know if they would cover this scenario or is it strictly for the main drain running between neighbours?

Many thanks for all the good advice, as usual...

Maz

Comments

Advertisement