Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with right shoulder on backswing

• 15-10-2007 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

hi

im a right handed golfer.when i am swinging badly,it usually stems from my right shoulder in the backswing.my instructor told me it should be lower down.the shoulder not being in the correct position then affects the swing plane.

im working on it at de minute by holding the club straight out in front of me and swinging back from there trying to get the right shoulder as low as possible but im not swinging it well again yet when it comes to hitting balls.

my next lesson wont be for another while unfortunately.

anyone any suggestions?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Golf Ninja

hi

im a right handed golfer.when i am swinging badly,it usually stems from my right shoulder in the backswing.my instructor told me it should be lower down.the shoulder not being in the correct position then affects the swing plane.

im working on it at de minute by holding the club straight out in front of me and swinging back from there trying to get the right shoulder as low as possible but im not swinging it well again yet when it comes to hitting balls.

my next lesson wont be for another while unfortunately.

anyone any suggestions?

thanks

Sounds like your placing the ball to far forward in your stance that can sometimes give the apperance that your shoulders are to level at address.

It is hard to say sounds like you are trying to swing the club more around you.

What is the bad shot.

Tell you what you should do is to get someone to put you on camera and post it on youtube we could all have a look and give you our thaughts.

I think thats a good idea for a new thread.

Advertisement