Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

meteor upgrade

• 15-10-2007 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

just wondering does anyone know what phones are offered for upgrade and what price they are with meteor?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Im waiting ages for new phones to come in, so far all are crap! Hopefully next month brings along a new batch. Only one caught my eye and that was the Samsung U600.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Whats the 6300 like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

Take a look at the Sony Ericsson w580i

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=us&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&pid=10856&zone=pp

I got it on meteor upgrade a few weeks ago, excellent phone.
    Meteor website doesnt give much information about the features on their phones but the link there will tell you a bit more!

Take a look at the Sony Ericsson w580i

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=us&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&pid=10856&zone=pp

I got it on meteor upgrade a few weeks ago, excellent phone.
    Meteor website doesnt give much information about the features on their phones but the link there will tell you a bit more!
    Thanks, kinda hoping to get a nokia. The e65 isn't out yet and was just wondering if anybody rates the 6300, because my old phone packed it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Sony Ericsson is a lovely looking phone. I've been eyeing it also since I am due an upgrade in about a month, but the keypad is very small and lies flush with the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I love Sony Ericsson usually but I really prefer the Nokia 6300 over the w580i. It just has a nicer feel to it and the screen seems much better along with the keypad.

Have a look at the W810i if they have any left too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I was looking at the W580i myself. I have a W810i from last year. Is it worth upgrading?

Btw, I was in the Meteor shop about two months ago and two of the lads there told me that Meteor were going 3G in November and a host of good new phones will be out. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? There's no mention of it on their website.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I was looking at the W580i myself. I have a W810i from last year. Is it worth upgrading?

Btw, I was in the Meteor shop about two months ago and two of the lads there told me that Meteor were going 3G in November and a host of good new phones will be out. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? There's no mention of it on their website.
    Asked the guy today and he said it could be 3months for the 3G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Would the W580i be a good upgrade from the W810i or should I wait another 3 months for 3G folks? I've been due an upgrade since October.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Lemlin wrote: »
    Would the W580i be a good upgrade from the W810i or should I wait another 3 months for 3G folks? I've been due an upgrade since October.
    In my opinion ...

W810i is a much better phone. It's got a better screen, better camera, much better battery life, better contruction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 sTuMbLeD

ciaranfo wrote: »
    In my opinion ...

W810i is a much better phone. It's got a better screen, better camera, much better battery life, better contruction.

Are you sure your talking about the right phones ciaranfo?:confused:

The cameras are both 2.0 megapixel, probably the same one used in a lot of SE phones over the past year or so.
    Compared to the W810i, the W580i has
    1) a slightly larger screen (2 inch, up from 1.9), with a lot more pixels (240x320, up from 176x220)
    2) longer battery life (370 hours standby, up from 350)
    3) better looking UI , more like the K800i than the K750/W810i

There are a few other extras (apps and features) included too, described in this very long review of W580i here

So, apart from the W810i not being a slider, which could improve it's durability (same quality construction from all SE's, just sliders may not be as robust as candybar designs), is it in anyway better?

RE:6300, yeah Nokia do seem to be using some decent screens at last, but, in my opinion, their interface graphics still look terrible on it, where as the SE graphics keep improving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

W580i isn't much of an upgrade to a W810i. I wouldn't waste an upgrade on it, unless you really want a Sony slider. For my money, I considered the W850i to be a much better, robust phone with pretty much identical specs. Shame it was Three only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Y'know the more I look at it, the Samsung F300 looks very tasty - I like the whole - "it's a phone, no wait it's an MP3 player! No wait! - It's a phone again!" thing - weird thing is - in Carphone Warehouse it's listed as an F300 with 2mp cam etc but on the Meteor site it's listed as an F200 no mention of a camera - but no such phone exists on Samsung's site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

F200 is way different than the 300. The F300 swivels back to front, whereas the 200 goes top to bottom. F200 is a basic phone, no larger than a lipstick, with no camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

thanks for clearing that up Chrislad - howcome Meteor aren't advertising the F300 though? Is it exclusive to CPW maybe?

Advertisement