Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really need some help!

Options
  • 15-10-2007 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hello,

Im doing the leaving cert in a year due to my illness which doctors think is MS. Im really pushing myself to get all the work done on time and im not doing another year. So far:-

English Honours - Completed Othello and Wuthering Heights, Im On Poems And Essay Writing.
    Biology Honours - Done around 5-8 chapters
    Business Honours - Done everything up to management
    PshyChem - Only just got the book of the school <_<
    Maths - Same as Physchem.

Im really struggling with maths and physchem can anyone be kind enough to point me to a site that will help me in anyway.

Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

http://www.skoool.ie/

has notes anyway.

should be a help anyway.

sorry to hear about the illness good luck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

www.zulunotes.com

It's a wiki based site (like wikipedia) and we're working on putting up all the notes for every subject. So far there's over 100 members (mostly form boards.ie). We only started just before the summer (and took a break for the summer!) so there's not endless amounts up now, but anyone can sign up and contribute so it should start filling up throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hello,

Im really struggling with maths and physchem can anyone be kind enough to point me to a site that will help me in anyway.

Thank You.

Re: PhysChem, there isn't much out there in the way of resources but the exam paper is fairly straightforward (do 3 physics questions out of 6 and same for chemisty) questions follow similar format most of the time and are specific to particular topics, so my advice would be to pick three topics in physics eg light, mechanics, electricity, study each and do all exam questions on them, then do same for chemistry eg acids and bases, periodic table, oxidation reduction and do the questions, you should get a full paper out of that. If you get through all that, then start worrying about the remaining bits of the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Neo Android

thank you rainbowtrout that sounds like a plan, does anyone have any help on the maths front cause im seriously stuck on it.

thank you rainbowtrout that sounds like a plan, does anyone have any help on the maths front cause im seriously stuck on it.

well the easy way out is going to grinds but that could work out expensive.

again have a look at the papers. the topics don't change from year to year and you have to do 6 questions on each paper. so start with paper 1 and study the section from your book on arithmetic and then do all the question 1's on it. Then go to paper 2 - question 1 is area and volume and do the section on that and start working your way through those questions. maybe aim to try and get through a topic every 2-3 weeks and that way you're not panicking about covering the whole course, but you can see what comes up a lot. For example differentiation on paper 2 could essentially get you through 3 questions if you choose to do the option question on it as well.

I'm assuming you are doing Ordinary Level for this by the way.

• Advertisement

Yeah im doing ordinary in both physchem and maths, thanks for the help could you suggest anything for business and biology?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

I know it sounds daft at first, but also try youtube. Could be helpful particularly if you miss out on class practicals.

E.g. http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=YYcoiBDidlU

Yeah im doing ordinary in both physchem and maths, thanks for the help could you suggest anything for business and biology?

actually the higher level physchem is worth looking at. there isn't much too it. I'm a science teacher so I don't know anything about business. I guess the main thing with biology is DNA and Genetics, it's a huge part of the course. Again go and look at the papers and see what comes up regularly

Thanks alot, though should i be worried about how little time i have left.

My school is useless and not helpful. They basically dont want to know cause im too much trouble (ill wise). Though i use to be a straight A student

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Thanks alot, though should i be worried about how little time i have left.

My school is useless and not helpful. They basically dont want to know cause im too much trouble (ill wise). Though i use to be a straight S student

No you shouldn't, once you start doing proper work and study on all your subjects starting right now, and knowing EXACTLY what you have to study etc, then you should be ok. Loads of people get more time obviously, but a lot of that time is spent studying stuff that isn't even required.

• Advertisement

Thanks, im just a bit worried that its near novemeber and i havent got half way through the course yet. Also in my biology today textbook the kepoint summary is that all i should know

Advertisement