Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free computer for charity

Options
  • 15-10-2007 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I have to get rid of two old computers from my sons room. One is a compaq and the other one is "I dont know" the compaq is running windows 95 and not sure of the other one. They are both working but need to be upgraded or something. Thing is I want to give to charity if possible. So the question I ask does anyone know of any charity in Cork that will take them. I can deliver anywhere around the city.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I know that you're trying to do a good thing but I can't see any charity taking a Windows 95 machine, it would be too much hassle for them...

TBH a macine that old is probably better off for the bin as opposed to anywhere else...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I would agree, theres not much you can do with a machine like that. I volunteer for a charity and we got a new machine as way too much hassle with old machines and we need to get the work done all the same.

Advertisement