Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Step by step instructions to get Meteor ISP & MMS on Window Mobile 6

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

snaps wrote: »
    Im having awfull problems with my WM6 fone on data services from meteor. Dont know why, its all been working but today not. Checked all settings which seem correct, meteor said i need to use data.mymeteor.ie as my apn which i have. Ive my (Username) and isp (Password) entered. Im at my wits end now.

I notice in the connections main menu, there is GPRS authentication? What should it be set at? chap or pap?????

I don't know whether your problem is resolved, but chap and pap are usually associated with WAP APN settings and should have no relevance on your Data APN settings.

If you’re still having issues, let me know what handset you’re using and I’ll try my best to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I think its a meteor problem as some days its fine and others it wont work! Its been fine since mind you! If things dont get any better I may just well move over to three as they are 3g and my MWG zinc II fone is a 3g phone!

I think its a meteor problem as some days its fine and others it wont work! Its been fine since mind you! If things dont get any better I may just well move over to three as they are 3g and my MWG zinc II fone is a 3g phone!

From what you're describing, it does seem network related. It may just be that the GPRS network where you are is at fault. If this is only a recent occurrence, the cell site may have been damaged with the recent bad weather.

Also, if you plan on moving network, I’d recommend ensuring you can receive adequate GPRS/3G network coverage in your area before making a decision to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Flomp

I added all of those settings into my phone just there because I was having the same problem with not being able to receive messages at all. Entering all those settings fixed it so that I could receive the message, but it only let me view it on the mymeteor website. Is there any way to make sure they come right through to my phone? Without having to go to the website, really is alot of hassle.

Flomp wrote: »
    I added all of those settings into my phone just there because I was having the same problem with not being able to receive messages at all. Entering all those settings fixed it so that I could receive the message, but it only let me view it on the mymeteor website. Is there any way to make sure they come right through to my phone? Without having to go to the website, really is alot of hassle.

If you're only able to receive MMS and view them on the MyMeteor website, then I would recommend you contact Meteor customer care and advise them of this; this is a common issue that users experience and it should be resolved relatively quickly.

• Advertisement

I phoned up meteor there, apparently they dont support my phone so the pictures are always gonna go through to the website -_-"

He told me to go onto my phones site, MWg Zinc II btw, and get the settings off of them to allow me have pics come directly to phone, anybody have a clue about this?

I phoned up meteor there, apparently they dont support my phone so the pictures are always gonna go through to the website -_-"

He told me to go onto my phones site, MWg Zinc II btw, and get the settings off of them to allow me have pics come directly to phone, anybody have a clue about this?

Can you test you Meteor sim in a Meteor handset or in a standard handset that has Meteor MMS settings? If you are unable to receive MMS with your sim in such a handset, then it would indicate the problem does indeed lie with Meteor and not with your handset.

I have a Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1i and have tested sending/receiving MMS without incident on the Meteor network. I have also tested the same in other Windows Mobile handsets, so it honestly should not matter whether your handset is supported by Meteor or not.

Well I've just come from using a Nokia E51 and had no problems at all receiving the MMS as a picture straight to the phone, and the same with my old Nokia 5300. It's only started with the Zinc II

Well I've just come from using a Nokia E51 and had no problems at all receiving the MMS as a picture straight to the phone, and the same with my old Nokia 5300. It's only started with the Zinc II

If you're able to send MMS from your handset, which I didn't see you mention, then I cannot see how the handset is causing an issue with receiving MMS. The only time I have encountered, or heard of, issues regarding receiving MMS, but being able to send, is when the issue is with the network provider; the MMSC profile is generally responsible for issues related to receiving MMS.

Yes sorry I meant to say I can send them fine, and they recieve but just to the website instead.

I really am lost as to what I can do, ive put in all the settings I can think of, and the only other thing I could think is the fact that I cant get the phone to auto configure to and irish network because they arent listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Anyone else having trouble sending/receiving MMS's? I'm connected to WAP 2.0 as per the 1st page

squire23 wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble sending/receiving MMS's? I'm connected to WAP 2.0 as per the 1st page

You should have a look through the FAQs, as the APN settings are more up to date than the first post in this thread.

Sending is fine, its the receiving im having problems with.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    You should have a look through the FAQs, as the APN settings are more up to date than the first post in this thread.
    Still having trouble sending MMS's. Contacted Meteor today & there seems to be a general lack of intelligence or people who actually really do know anything about WM6 phones. I have checked all settings & everything is correct - anyone got any ideas at all?

ive never been able to receive mms messages, i can use data and i can send mms but thats it with WM6.1 and meteor.

Still having trouble sending MMS's. Contacted Meteor today & there seems to be a general lack of intelligence or people who actually really do know anything about WM6 phones. I have checked all settings & everything is correct - anyone got any ideas at all?
    Just tried sending on the WAP 1.2 settigns but still no luck :mad:

ive never been able to receive mms messages, i can use data and i can send mms but thats it with WM6.1 and meteor.
    Just tried sending on the WAP 1.2 settigns but still no luck :mad:

If you can both send and receive MMS on Meteor with your sim in a standard Meteor handset, e.g. Nokia N95, then you should be able to do the same with your sim in a Windows Mobile handset, be it 6.0 Standard or 6.1 Professional; I've tested it with both OS versions without issue.

If you want to go through the MMS APN and MMSC settings, with screenshots, for either Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard or 6.1 Professional, then have a look at the Motorola Q9h and Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1i, respectively, in the handset section on www.i-rsaeire.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lori88

I recently bought an X8 phone simular to sciphone from china. Internet works cos i inputted the settings i input setting for mms but cant download files attached to the mms. Im on meteor. Can anyone help?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 daboi89

recently purchased a sciphone (i68)

im totally lost with the internet and how to set it up.

does the first port in the thread apply to this phone does any one know

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 daboi89

lol...bought this siftware before id posted the thread...hadnt been delivered when i posted.

ill get stuck into it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

daboi89 wrote: »
    lol...bought this siftware before id posted the thread...hadnt been delivered when i posted.

ill get stuck into it tomorrow

any luck with this ?

Advertisement