Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance rant...

Options
  • 15-10-2007 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Right, got my renewal quote today from Quinn, and they've added a grand onto last year's premium. They also have zero no claims bonus listed, so I can only assume they did something crap like settle for a claim without my knowledge or consent. I was in a crash in January which was completely not my fault, got hit from behind while stopped in traffic and pushed into the back of the car in front. At the time they said no problem, they deal with these all the time, and that because of what happened it was just the guys at the back who will pay for all the damages. Not so it would seem. The guys at the back tried to pass it off onto a car behind me and then wouldn't accept for the car in front of me. No problem, Quinn said, we'll pay you for yourcar so you're not left stranded and we'll sort it out with the other insurers, and your NCB won't be affected.

Christ, that kind of carry on makes my blood boil, and some poor unfortunate call centre girl and her manager are gonna get an ear chewing tomorrow because of it. I'd always stood by Quinn because they'd always been helpful and had handled the crash very well, or so I thought. Now I see they're just looking for an easy way to close off the claim by just settling while at the same time squeezing me for double the price I paid last year.

Fcuking twats. I only hope they die slowly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

I found myself in the same situation this time last year with a Quinn renewal

Like me I reckon they haven't settled with the driver at fault because the guy in front of you is claiming for whiplash or something similar

Anyway I stuck with Quinn initially when the whole thing got sorted and I got my refund and full NCB moved to FBD €400 cheaper:D

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to get it sorted. Thing is though that I'll probably have to stick with them if I don't, because nobody will touch me with a recent claim and the car I drive. Last year Quinn were the only ones to give a quote which wasn't astronomical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I just got insurance last Wednesday with Quinn. Did it online and it said they'd send me stuff in the post for sorting it out (as I can't pay €1500 with my Laser card!). Got nothing so far, and I'm supposed to pay within 7 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Well, credit where credit's due, just had a nice professional conversation with them there. Rang me back within a half hour like they said they would, and admitted it was their mistake and will send a new renewal out this week with my NCB reinstated. Nice one Quinn...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I just got insurance last Wednesday with Quinn. Did it online and it said they'd send me stuff in the post for sorting it out (as I can't pay €1500 with my Laser card!). Got nothing so far, and I'm supposed to pay within 7 days...

ZJ,

There's no point in being so officious- it's your insurance so call them. Sometimes they're not the quickest at sending documents and there's no point in leaving it drag out.

OP, glad your sorted- I've always found them to be very good, too.

• Advertisement

I'm being officious because they aren't doing what they said they would? Dunno about that TBH. Seems like I have no choice but to ring them.

Though saying that they are offering me fully comp for €600 less than what Hibernian quoted me for TPFT (who I used to be with), and it less than every other quote I've got for TPFT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I'm being officious because they aren't doing what they said they would? Dunno about that TBH. Seems like I have no choice but to ring them.

Though saying that they are offering me fully comp for €600 less than what Hibernian quoted me for TPFT (who I used to be with), and it less than every other quote I've got for TPFT.

ive often had to ring them on numerous occasions for documents .. they are as slow as they come

do try other insurer's because as i found out the hard way. when i had to claim off them they are woeful to deal with.

I got the letter in the post about 20 minutes after that reply. Still had to ring them though because according to the letter the temporary cover was due to expire at 12:01am tomorrow! The letter was dated the 10th - my arse they sent on that day...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

You can pay up to €5000 on a laser card now, used to be limited to €1000/transaction.

I wasn't sure what my limit was, but I assumed it was low (<€1000) because I'm a student. Is it the same for all Laser cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

I wasn't sure what my limit was, but I assumed it was low (<€1000) because I'm a student. Is it the same for all Laser cards?

It all depends what debit balance you have, with enough funds to cover it, its up to €5k/transaction.

I think you are talking about the overdraft facility, thats down to what, if any was agreed with your bank.

Nah I just assumed there was a pretty low limit like with student credit cards. Should make things easier in the future!

Advertisement