Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the magical unpiercable septum!!! :(

Options
  • 15-10-2007 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭

okay so today my good friend saranne was tryin to pierce my septum...and it just wudnt happen!!!! it wudnt go thru!!! my nose actually bent the needle!! :mad: i was soooo pissed off!!! has that ever happened to anyone else....or is my nose just really weird!!!!

p.s......u shudda just pierced my finger!!!!!!! :D

p.p.s.....thanks 4 tryin :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Your friend is a trained piercer? Breaking the needle sounds very strange to me.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

eh........no.....not really.......but my ear hasn't fallen off yet so im gonna presume shes doin a pretty good job!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd say if ya still want it done, pop into one of the proper piercing places, and they'll soon be able to tell ya if there is any problem piercing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Blunt needle couple with trying to pierce through the cartiledge = no septum ring.

The proper placement for a septum piercing is through the skin where the nostril joins the septum. This skin is softer then an ear lobe so should of been no prob to pierce

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

The proper placement for a septum piercing is through the skin where the nostril joins the septum. This skin is softer then an ear lobe so should of been no prob to pierce

yup... tis known as a 'sweet spot' sometimes... and each person is different, not everyone has one. I imagine getting pierced through the cartiledge is a li'l painful ;) Use cocktail sticks to find this spot :)

My septum was really easy to pierce though, just made my eyes water a li'l :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

okay so today my good friend saranne was tryin to pierce my septum...and it just wudnt happen!!!! it wudnt go thru!!! my nose actually bent the needle!! :mad: i was soooo pissed off!!! has that ever happened to anyone else....or is my nose just really weird!!!!

What was she using to pierce it? A chopstick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Blunt needle couple with trying to pierce through the cartiledge = no septum ring.

yeah i know,i have done my own!!!!i was using a septum clamps and all so it was definitely on the sweet spot,and for the record no i did not use a chop stick i used a sterile un opened 14g needle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Calpol Junkie

GaRtH_V wrote: »
    What was she using to pierce it? A chopstick?
    Roffles...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

yeah i know,i have done my own!!!!i was using a septum clamps and all so it was definitely on the sweet spot,and for the record no i did not use a chop stick i used a sterile un opened 14g needle

A septum clamp doesn't mean it'll be on the sweet spot automatically. Its all in the set up on the clamping that sets it up on the spot. The only reason septum clamps are used instead of a normal clamp is its easier to get it straight using one.

ya can talk about ur sweet spots and ur clamps and your chopsticks all ya like but the point of this story is.........I STILL HAVE NO ****ING SEPTUM RING!!!!! :(:mad::(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

maaaaaaaybe, you could try paying for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

ya can talk about ur sweet spots and ur clamps and your chopsticks all ya like but the point of this story is.........I STILL HAVE NO ****ING SEPTUM RING!!!!! :(:mad::(:mad:

Calm down....
    Obviously your mate can't do it so go into Snakebite and get it done,
    Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah take a step back and calm down everyone, or else i will cry

.........................i didnt want to pay!!!!! do i look like i have money....like seriously???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

You get what you pay for, which in your case happened to be nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

.........................i didnt want to pay!!!!! do i look like i have money....like seriously???

With a crisis in getting cupcakes I don't imagine you'd be the best funded, either that or you need to seek professional help for your cupcake addiction.:D

Maybe someone will spot you a voucher for Xmas.

yea...well im gettin paid on friday.....so ill probably just go get it done......but i wont be happy about it!! ggrrrrrr

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

yea...well im gettin paid on friday.....so ill probably just go get it done......but i wont be happy about it!! ggrrrrrr

you should be happy about it... especially when all the old grannies start tellin ye there's a bull ring in yer nose *le sigh*

ill just like ..............growl at them!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement