Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riding schools in South Dublin?

• 15-10-2007 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Any recommendations?
    I live in D6 and don't drive so would have to be within cycling/bus/luas distance.

Heard there is a place in Rathfarnham that is meant to be good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Turoe Clover

I think a friend of mine rang them and she said they were quite rude!! and they said something about there lessons being booked up?? Sure give them a ring and see !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Brennanstown are good, and you can get out there on the 145 bus that goes out the Stillorgan dualler..
    Theres a waiting list to get in there though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

hey there!!

i've been looking for a riding school myself, i tried a place in rathfarnham (kilakee road?) but it just does livery now. a pretty rude man informed me that it was litigation taken by 'adults, like you' that shut them down! christ, i felt apologetic even though it was my first time setting foot in the place! :rolleyes:

anyway, please keep us posted on whether you find somewhere. i'm hoping to start back, possibly in carrickmines or callaighstown, in the next month or so. if we were looking for similiar standard of lessons/days i may be able to offer lifts-i live in harolds cross.

anyone know of schools around sandyford? i believe there are 1 or 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

There was Brooklodge but that is just liveries now, great facilities at it though. In Enniskerry there is killegar which are good for ride outs, its a relaxed yard. If its a lesson at the weekend expect it to be busy (for all places really). I had a lesson there once during the week in the morning and I couldn`t get over how quiet the yard was!.

There is also the Paddocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Thanks Doc!
    Paddocks seems very expensive! €40 for a group adult lesson! Yeesh!
    Been ringing around a few places to pick a place that sounds like it'll suit me, and it seems that North Side schools are quite a bit cheaper than those on the South Side of the city...and just in my opinion, of the places I rang, the former were much friendlier than the latter! Should be ready to start back in a couple of weeks (recovering from a minor hand op), can't wait to be around horses again...woohoooooooo!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

Try north Dublin around the Naul. I had a few lessons there and found the people warm and friendly. They put me at my ease and were very helpful and forthcoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The Naul to me is the middle of nowhere, and you haven't given the name of the school.

As I said in my original post "I live in D6 and don't drive so would have to be within cycling/bus/luas distance."

Advertisement