Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pepsi Employee Punched Coke Employee

• 16-10-2007 5:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

The Cola war begins! :)From link here.
    The cola wars have degenerated to hand-to-hand combat.

A Pepsi employee allegedly assaulted a Coca-Cola employee at a Wal-Mart, Pennsylvania officials said.

Robert Koscho, 48, and Pepsi employee David Paulina, 42, are accused of bickering back and forth while making their deliveries at a White Township, Pa. Wal-Mart October 1. Officials told WTAE that as Koscho was leaving the store, Paulina attacked him giving him a black eye and broken nose.

The fight allegedly began over shelf space in the aisles of the store. Police also said the two are accused of trying to run each other over with pallets filled with soda.

Pepsi said they do not tolerate violence in the workplace and have fired Paulina as a result.

Police continue to investigate.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm sure Coca-Cola started it *shakes fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yet another tragic case of 'too much sugar' I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Pepsi ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Nice one Ruu, that was a great find. Makes me laugh thinking of these two guys in their respective uniforms battering each other in the street.

Sounds like a scene from Jackass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

All pepsi fans are banned from this thread.

There may be a pepsi loving mod willing to unban you, but I'll just ban you again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

If I'm going full fat, I go coke, however for the sugar free chemical full version I prefere Pepsi Max - Ergo coke kill babies*

(That isn't actually true)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

American Pepsi is better than American Coca Cola but the opposite is very much the case over this side of the Atlantic.

Also, for anyone that cares, they sell Cherry Coke in Boots. Yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I hate all those who support that bastardised spawn of Satan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

layke wrote: »
    If you think that's bad, on Dave's World on 98fm they listed all the various cokes that there are (or had been):

Coca-Cola, New Coke (renamed Coke II), Diet Coke (also known as Coca-Cola Light), Diet Coke Plus, Coca-Cola C2, Coca-Cola Zero, Coca-Cola Cherry Zero, Coca-Cola Cherry, Diet Coke Cherry, Coca-Cola with Lemon, Diet Coke with Lemon, Coca-Cola Vanilla Zero, Coca-Cola Vanilla, Diet Coca-Cola Vanilla, Coca-Cola with Lime, Diet Coke with Lime, Coca-Cola Raspberry, Diet Coke Raspberry, Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla, Diet Coke Cherry Vanilla, Coca-Cola Blāk, Diet Coca-Cola with Citrus (Lemon and Lime), Coca-Cola with Orange (Out June 2007 in the UK), TaB (original Diet Coke, still available in some countries), Passover Coca-Cola - a Kosher for Passover Coke made with pure cane sugar instead of corn syrup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

*sings*

Dr Pepper, what's the worst that could happen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Coca-Cola FTW. Pepsi is fizzy swill. Worst of all is Pepsi Max - they take out the sugar (the best part) and call it MAX? It should be called Pepsi Min. Coca-Cola Zero is a joke as well. If you drink it, you're only fooling yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Fantastic. I'll have to wander in there at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Who won, or could they tell who was the better? :D

TJ911...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I used to drink a lot of coke, but now I can't stand it. It coats your teeth with sh1te the moment you drink it, if I'm out and I drink coke, I can feel it there all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

What the hell are you doing drinking coke on a night out?

A real man would be mixing his vodka with Brandy!

Dr. Peppers FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Who won, or could they tell who was the better? :D

TJ911...

They had to do an independent punch test.
    "...number 1 hit me square in the jaw and definitely dislodged a few teeth. But number 2 went for the eye socket & snapped my head back nicely - all in all its a subjective thing..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Class story, Ruu!
    humanji wrote:
    If you think that's bad, on Dave's World on 98fm they listed all the various cokes that there are (or had been):

Coca-Cola, New Coke (renamed Coke II), Diet Coke (also known as Coca-Cola Light), Diet Coke Plus, Coca-Cola C2, Coca-Cola Zero, Coca-Cola Cherry Zero, Coca-Cola Cherry, Diet Coke Cherry, Coca-Cola with Lemon, Diet Coke with Lemon, Coca-Cola Vanilla Zero, Coca-Cola Vanilla, Diet Coca-Cola Vanilla, Coca-Cola with Lime, Diet Coke with Lime, Coca-Cola Raspberry, Diet Coke Raspberry, Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla, Diet Coke Cherry Vanilla, Coca-Cola Blāk, Diet Coca-Cola with Citrus (Lemon and Lime), Coca-Cola with Orange (Out June 2007 in the UK), TaB (original Diet Coke, still available in some countries), Passover Coca-Cola - a Kosher for Passover Coke made with pure cane sugar instead of corn syrup.
    Holy crap! Some of those sound nasty in the extreme. Passover Coca-Cola - brilliant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

humanji wrote: »

Nice to see the radio stations are busy trawling the web for their research again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Dudess wrote: »
    Class story, Ruu!

Holy crap! Some of those sound nasty in the extreme. Passover Coca-Cola - brilliant! :D

Nothing could be as nasty as Pepsi Ice Cucumber :eek: Hope the coke guy won!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Terry wrote: »
    Nice to see the radio stations are busy trawling the web for their research again.
    If it saves us from having to do it then so be it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

layke wrote: »

Woah, lets not be saying something we can't take back now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Woah, lets not be saying something we can't take back now..

He could be right though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Anything other than Coca Cola is just muck, end transmission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If I need to stay awake I'll drink Pepsi over Coke.

Seems to have more caffeine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Terry wrote: »
    All pepsi fans are banned from this thread.

There may be a pepsi loving mod willing to unban you, but I'll just ban you again.
    Not if I ban them first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Ehhh......Jolt cola beats Coke and Pepsi hands down:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

But you can't get real jolt here any more :(

Pepsi ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

This does not surprise me... They really have a huge rivalry that is bred into every employee.

Recently I was working in the States in the HQ office of one of the companies in question (consultancy for a week). A colleague who was there previously from my company, on the way to the office bought a bottle of water, which happened to be the water of the rival company. She didn't even think about what drink she was picking up in the shop. Anyway, she arrives into a meeting swigging from said rival water brand. She was asked to leave the building and not to come back.... Even though that they were having pretty serious problems and she was the only available person to fix it, she had to go.

Also heard stories while I was there of people (permanent employees) being fired for drinking rival brands in the office etc...

They are nuts when it comes to this type of stuff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Pepsi is just wrong, so very very wrong. I hope Coke man won the fight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Thaedydal wrote: »
    But you can't get real jolt here any more :(

Yeah, what ever happened to the 5+ cups of coffee equivalent? All i can find nowadays are these pansy x2 cans, no use to anyone.
    Pepsi ftw.

I have to pull you on this one. I'm sorry to say you're wrong. Just wrong. I don't think I have the words to describe how hugely, vastly, mind-bogglingly wrong you are about your choice of cola.

Unless, y'know, you'd go for proper Jolt over Pepsi. Then all is forgiven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Proper Jolt over pepsi everytime but pepsi over coke.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Pepsi 50% extra free ftw

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

TaB Clear, suddenly everything becomes clear...23p a can for its entire shelf-life in Ireland, circa '94

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Coke Zero clearly.... Tastes like real coke, doesn't grow fur in your mouth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sempre vie!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Proper Jolt over pepsi everytime but pepsi over coke.

Opinion invalid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I hear they're going to use Mentos tipped bottles in their next bout. The Arms race continues....

Advertisement