Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensing oil boiler - size and recommendations

Options
  • 16-10-2007 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am planning to install an oil condensing boiler and I need to decide which model and size to use. Grant with Riello burner has been recommended. I will be putting it in utility room and I see Grant have 3 sizes in their condensing indoor range, 15-26kW, 26-36kW, 36-46kW. House is 2100 sq.ft bungalow with underfloor heating throughout. There is also about 800 sq.ft in attic space (insulated) which will have a few rads but will be maintained at much lower temp than downstairs. There is also about 7 sq.m in solar panels but these are only used for DHW.

Can anyone advise on how to calculate the size of boiler I would need ? Also any recommendations for other manufacturers or models would be welcome.

Advertisement