Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Boradband

Options
  • 16-10-2007 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Quick question... but more so looking for your opinion as i'm not too savvy with these things.

My Mam is currently with Cinergy for the phone and eircom for Line Rental and Broadband. - She wants me to switch her over to Perlico as she has heard it is cheaper and 'all-in-one'

It is the 'Perlico Freedom' bundle she wants to switch to..

http://www.perlico.com/bundles/default.aspx

Now i have been using eircom Broadband and have been perfectly happy with it. (i only use it for browsing the net and sometimes xbox live) So whats your opinion on the Broadband that is supplied with the 'Perlico Freedom' bundle?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

has anybody any opinions? is it reliable broadband? are perlico cowboys? anything??? ... i was asked to order this by lunch time so I just want to know if you poeple have had any experiecne wit perlico bb

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sc4rf4ce

i havent heard much about them myself. I may seem a tad biased here, but any website that doesnt have a technical details page available on its broadband products. doesnt seem too trustworthy if you ask me.
    you could end up with a contention ratio of a 100:1 for all you know.
    Ive had NTL for years now, and apart from their lousy customer service, i had no complaints about the internet service.
    The only time it went down was when some cowboy in our apartment block unhooked us to plug themselves in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

I had Perlico Broadband for a while, didn't have any problems with them, other than the paltry download limit they have. So be sure to stay under it, cause what they'll do is just charge you extra, with not so much as an email to warn ya that you might be going over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

Your mam should consider Imagine or Gaelic Telecom, they are actually the same company (The Imagine Group) but under different names. They are also "All in one" and are cheaper than Perlico. Also the Imagine Group owns Cinergi too so it will be a lot less hassle than moving to Perlico

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭donaghs

BT and Eircom do a similar package. I think BT offer free landline calls to Ireland and UK for €49 (plus 1MB broadband and line rental). Eircom do the same, except landline calls are only to Ireland and have to be made after 8pm to be free. And they 2 or 3 quid more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If you are already using Eircom broadband, check how much you use in a month, download limits may or may not be an issue.

UTV do a similar deal for all calls in Britain and Ireland, the basic package has all evening calls free and €9.99 for all daytime calls too and at least they email you that you are near the download limit.

https://ssl.u.tv/UTV_Internet/Residential/ClicksilverBroadband/option.asp?option=2&ROIUser=true

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

I would not go near them with a barge pole thay are the worst company in Ireland to deal with and have no level of customer care

Advertisement