Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Graphics Card

Options
  • 16-10-2007 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi,

Shortly I'll be replacing my very old and inadequate Radeon X300 PCI card with a PCIE Radeon X1950Pro.

Just wondering what I need to do before I physically remove the X300 and replace it with the X1950? removal of drivers etc...

Thanks.

EireEV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Uninstall the current drivers, then restart your computer and use Driver Cleaner Pro to remove all traces of the previous ones. Then turn off the machine, replace the cards, turn on the machine and install the new drivers. Thats it. In fact, even if you didn't uninstall the drivers and just installed over them it'd be fine (wouldn't be fine if they cards were different brand, like nvidia), just best to get into the practice of removing old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

Thanks again HavoK.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

Hi - When I uninstall the divers for the current card and run driver cleaner pro
    what cleaning section do I choose as there are loads listed for ATI

e.g

ATI
    ATI CCC
    ATI WDM
    ATI TV Wonder
    ATI Uninstall Utility etc...

Thanks in advance

EireEV.

Advertisement