Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re apply cao

Options
  • 16-10-2007 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

i picked arts in ucd and arts in maynooth and computer apllications in ucd as my top three choices

if i was to drop out of arts in ucd

is it possible to re apply nexy year and get into dcu and do that course

points needed 300 , i got 360 and i got the c3 in maths ya need

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 doyler

conor2007 wrote: »
    i picked arts in ucd and arts in maynooth and computer apllications in ucd as my top three choices

if i was to drop out of arts in ucd

is it possible to re apply nexy year and get into dcu and do that course

points needed 300 , i got 360 and i got the c3 in maths ya need

thanks

of course you can.

but you may have to pay full fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭conor2007

that means , how ?

like just pay for this year in ucd and the four years in dcu ?

or do i pay a larger fee?

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 doyler

everybody is entitles to 'free' 3rd level education. you just pay 'registration' or whatever it is called in the college of your choice.

however, i have a feeling that if you drop out you have renaged on your choice and so forfeit your free fees. if you choose to re-apply then you will have to pay full fees, as in the rates which apply to private or to overseas students.

I THINK!!!!!! give the college in question a call and find out! all call the cao to get their end of the re-appliocation process.

thanks

• Advertisement

If you drop out now, you may be able to obtain the full year's free fees. Go see your tutor/student advisor/students' union immediately. Yes, immediately. Stop reading this and go! You may be on the brink of the cut-off date for fees for the first year.

If you drop out now and are not eligible for complete free fees next year, you'll be eligible for 1/2 year's fees if you drop out before january. One thing not to do: don't just stop going to college. If you apply next year you'll have to go contact UCD and there may be complications regarding the paying or obtaining of free fees.

Oh, and I assume you're an EU citizen hence you'd be paying the EU rate for the half year you'd be paying next year. That'll vary per college, so contact whatever college you're going into to find out. Chances are it'll be around the €2500 - €5000 mark, cheaper if it's a non-technical subject.

One crazy idea which you mightn't have thought of... have you considered contacting DCU's admissions office to see if they'll allow you to transfer into that course now, or even considered transferring into another course in UCD? The answers to all these (and more!) are available in the second sentence in this post.

so , ye im talking to them tommorow

i think i have to pay full fees for first year and i loose my reg fee

bit harsh - at least 3000-6000 for a year and a month of college

free fees , ha ??

No no, you've got it wrong. If you drop out now or before January, you'll only have to pay half of a year's fees. That'll be half of whatever the year would cost, be it between €2500 and €6000. The 'free fees' kick in then for the second half of your new course's first year, and continue on as is.

There is a second registration in each college in January to ensure that you are still there. You won't be there to go through it, hence you would only have to pay (max) half of the fees, plus reg fee etc if you're not receiving a grant. But you might be in time to get out and retain your free fees. So do get on to people tomorrow, and don't leave it any longer.

right ill talk to them

but i dont think it will be any use , they wont give me any money back , i can tell

ill try tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

You can probably say goodbye to the registration fee, but if I recall correctly the deadline for dropping out and having it not count as a year is October 31st, so you should be eligible for free fees next year if you get it all sorted ASAP.

• Advertisement

ah nice one

thats deadly

in fairness i shudnt get back the reg free , i took up a place sum1 else cudda had so .. .

ye , cool , thanks.

conor2007 wrote: »
    ah nice one

thats deadly

in fairness i shudnt get back the reg free , i took up a place sum1 else cudda had so .. .

ye , cool , thanks.

Reg fee pays for examinations, student activities, registration etc. etc. etc. You'll never see the money again during the college year, so demand it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

would they refund reg fees??Im kind of in the same position but had already said goodbye to that €903 quid!!

See, they probably won't since part of it (apparently) goes to pay for registering, which, um, you've already done. But you might as well try.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

ah well....thats what i get for registering in the first place....come on transfers!!

Advertisement