Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retreiving Deleted Text Messages?

• 16-10-2007 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All

Hoping someone can help me. I was re-organising my phone last night and decided to clear all the texts in my inbox as there was about 800 messages in there. I had a few messages that i wanted to keep (from a friend of mine who died 6 weeks ago). So i put the messages from her into a new folder and the proceeded to delete everything in my inbox. But whatever i did, i deleted all messages in every folder on my phone, so i've lost the messages that i tried to save as well.

Is it possible to retreive these deleted messages or are they gone for good? My phone is an 02 XDAMini. I would really appreciate any advice as these messages mean a lot to me.

Thanks everyone
    GEDI

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, this would be a good place to ask: http://forum.xda-developers.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Can't help with the retreival, but for a start, make sure that you are saving your messages to your sim (if the messages that you deleted were saved on your phone) and vice-versa. You will have no chance if you write over the memory that they were saved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

This applies to general memory recovery - do not do anything with the device/memory card you want to retrieve the information from.

"Deleted" usually means that space is available to be written over if needed - chances are it hasn't been permanently deleted yet.

Now comes the question of cost - how much are you willing to recover your data? I paid E50 to get my laptop hard-drive's info recovered and transferred onto a new one. In Ireland I suspect it will cost a lot more.

I had heard that Linux can be used to access hidden data on memory... perhaps you should ask someone knowledgable in Linux?

Hope you can find a solution to your problem.

Advertisement