Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help connecting 360 controller to PC

• 16-10-2007 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some help connecting a 360 controller to my PC. I am running windows XP Service Pack 2.

I bought a wireless 360 controller which came with a wireless receiver to connect it to the PC, it's all made by Microsoft so it's fully legit.

When I put the software CD into the PC to install the "drivers", everything went fine untill the very end, when after it had completed an error popped up saying something like "an unknown error has occured so the setup cannot be completed."

Now whenever I open the installed program, "Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories Status", it crashes. And needless to say the PC isn't picking up the controller. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it a few times and it never works.

Help anyone?

Edit: Okay so I removed the PC of everything to do with this software. I download the official software from microsofts website. I open it to install the software, and I get this :

unexpectederrorrb7.th.jpg

What's going on?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Can you get windows to install it rather then the xbox installer setup?

It may not be designed to run with Vista.

/edit

Actually looking at that, is it Vista or are using one of those theme packs for XP?
    Anyway try the above.

Advertisement