Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law and Musical Order.

Options
  • 16-10-2007 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Pighead was oh so close to falling into a lovely deep sleep last night when all of a sudden the poor old eardrums were bombarded with squeals of "Weeeeeeeo weeeo, weeeo etc" Bloody Gardai cars were hurtling down the road with theri sirens blaring. Inconsiderate fcukers.

Anyway, thought to myself "Why do the Gardai Cars have to emit such ugly noises?, why can't the sirens be replaced with song"

Pighead for one would love to be walking down the street when out of nowhere a Garda car comes speeding down the road with Bye Bye Badman by the Stone Roses blasting from the stereos. Not only would it be more pleasing to the ears than the sirens squall but it'd also garner more support from the masses and create more of a following for our overworked law enforcers.

So what song would you like to see replace the Garda siren then?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah, Phibsborough - my own home for a while. A lovely place but occurences of siren noises are all too regular there.
    Hmmm. I'd go with The Boy With The Thorn in His Side by The Smiths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

The theme song from Benny Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dudess wrote: »
    Ah, Phibsborough - my own home for a while. A lovely place but occurences of siren noises are all too regular there.
    Hmmm. I'd go with The Boy With The Thorn in His Side by The Smiths.
    How did you know Pighead was in Phibsboro when he was awoken from his slumber Dudess? Have you got some sort of ESP like magical power? Impressive!

On topic maybe Highway to Hell would be a good one if the cops were involved in a high speed pursuit of a car robber.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Eurythmics - 'Thorn In My Side'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"I Predict A Riot" - Kaiser Chiefs (for the Mayday Marches)

"Bad Boys" - Inner Circle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭klaus flouride

I think the song 'stop in the name of love' ('before you break my heart) was done by Diana Ross- They should insert a soundbite of a big fat hefty boggar Garda where appropriate;

Sing this in your head (or out loud if you want) and when you get to the lyrics in inverted commas use the aforementioned tuneless gruff garda accent rather than Ross' soulful voice:

" Stop, in the name of 'Na Gardai Siochana',
    Before you 'Commit an offence!' ".

Maybe they should replace sirens with those charming ice-cream van xylophone tunes.

Maybe they could have some crim' tied up to the roof rack with a mic in his hand whilst singing "I fought the law and the law won" as a warning to any would be offenders.

Ah Jesus, can't believe Pighead didn't think of the most obvious one of all.
    We Are The Pigs by Suede. That would be the coolest song ever to get woken up to. Those opening bars would put the shits up the criminals too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T7c-KK03ts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Police Truck by Dead Kennedys would work quite well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Supergrass - Caught By The Fuzz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Killing in the name of or Carmena Burana.

Advertisement