Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Style Rut

• 16-10-2007 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Or Lack of it as the case may be...

Im 24, in a Great Relationship and have a good job but im in a rut... Something my boyfriend said to me this weekend made me realise that iv let myself go a bit of late... I recently bought a mini car and he brought me shopping to buy a 'mini skirt' to go with the car :) it was all in good fun and there was no real pressure. I never ever wear skirts so i think he was trying to get me to break the habit...

Anyway after a few hours of trapsing around shops i said 'lets go home' and i was still emptyhanded, as i have been after about the last 5 shopping trips iv been on. I think iv hit a brick wall when it comes to shopping, i feel that im being exploited everytime i want to buy a jumper or t shirt and have to pay 50euro plus in a high street store with very questionable quality clothes!

I do shop in pennys and find that the value for money there is good but the lasting isn't in the clothes as you would expect. I did a HUGE shop in Old Navy the last time i was in the states and the clothes and the prices were great, even better than pennies...

I dont mind paying a lot of money for good basics and supplementing them with cheaper stuff, but i dont know where to go to get them! I need to rebuild my wardrobe from scratch as all my more expensive basics have worn out due to over wearing (I haven't dont a proper 'shop' for two years since the last time i was in the USA)

Anyway, can anyone give me an idea as to what are the best basics to buy, im thinking a good pair of boots, nice coat, new jeans, a denim mini... any other suggestions?

Am i going to have to go to america again to find real value for money?

Advertisement