Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tanning Mystery :)

• 16-10-2007 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've got my graduation ball coming up next Friday and I'd love a nice tan but I hate the spray on ones. They always come out too dark and since it's October I don't want to look too out of place with a really dark tan.

So, I was conemplating using the sunbeds. Now I know they aren't exactly good for you but this is a once off.

I've asked round at home and in work but none of the girls have ever used them and I'm a little apprehensive.

Do they give you a decent looking tan?
    And do I have time to get one before next Friday?

I was thinking of doing the stand up ones in Chartbusters (very classy)
    Are these any good? Any other suggestions very welcome!

Thanks
    Orlee

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

OP, stay away from the sunbeds. They are a plug in cancer machine.

IMO, loreal sublime spray tan is quite good. Get the fair - medium one and spray it on after a shower. Spray a bit at a time and then rub it in quickly.

Do it the day before and don't spray too much on. Then if you feel its too light you can spray some more on that evening.

I think it gives you a nice healthy glow rather than an orange look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

You won't have time between now and next Friday to get a tan, you have
    to start off just doing a few minutes a session and then build it up plus you
    shouldn't do one every day, L'oreal Sublime is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I completely agree... don't do sunbeds!!!

Why not ask the beauty salons about the spray tan? They have different colour intensities in most

or just buy one in the shop!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Apart from the obvious that sun beds are bad for your skin you would not have sufficient time to build up a tan before next friday.

Fair enough if you do not want to go for a spray tan or a dark one but there are loads of natural non orangey tans out there that will give you a 'tint' and not a 'colour'. I use Boots No7 tinted body lotion. I find that it gives a nice colour. It comes in fair - medium and medium - dark. I wear the medium to dark and it suits my skin tones, otherwise stick to the fair-medium.

Good luck and enjoy your night

Advertisement