Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renting xbox 360

• 16-10-2007 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Is there anywhere i can rent xbox 360 console while mine is away for repair.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Why not buy one and then return it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

helios wrote: »
    Why not buy one and then return it...

You would probably end up returning it anyway. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

kleefarr wrote: »
    You would probably end up returning it anyway. ;)

Touché

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Does that happen much?

Say you could rent in Xtra Vision...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Thought of that but not sure if i would get money back or store credit, i know argos has 16 day money back guarantee but i think that's if the item hasn't been used - just thought renting would be easier but haven't found anywhere that does it.
    Suppose i could get gf to buy it they usually bow to her when she throws a strop in store (turns it on like a tap) :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

mancduff wrote: »
    Thought of that but not sure if i would get money back or store credit, i know argos has 16 day money back guarantee but i think that's if the item hasn't been used - just thought renting would be easier but haven't found anywhere that does it.
    Suppose i could get gf to buy it they usually bow to her when she throws a strop in store (turns it on like a tap) :D

I think the Argos refund is only if it's unopened or faulty.

You'd be taking a risk trying to get your girlfriend to return it. What if she got a sales guy who knew what he was doing. You'd be stuck having paid out for a new console.

I used to be a sales guy many years ago. The best way to guarantee you didn't get any help from me (when you were chancing your arm) was to start saying you'd sue or or you knew your rights (when you definitely didn't). The customers who weren't arses got much more leeway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Take it easy, only takes about two weeks to get it fixed, can u not handle that long? How bout spending some quality time with that girlfriends of yours, eh? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Julez wrote: »
    Take it easy, only takes about two weeks to get it fixed, can u not handle that long? How bout spending some quality time with that girlfriends of yours, eh? ;)

Good idea man! :D:D:D

She's going away for the week, hence the post. Could of had a few nag free evenings, but seems rentings out of the question. Ahh well back to ps2. (2 weeks, ups picked it up a week ago and its not even in Germany yet) :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

ups picked it up a week ago and its not even in Germany yet) :mad:

took mine a week to get to Germany and a week to get repaired and shipped back to me . it was collected on the 1st of October and i got it back yesterday the 15th :eek:

• Advertisement

Clover wrote: »
    took mine a week to get to Germany and a week to get repaired and shipped back to me . it was collected on the 1st of October and i got it back yesterday the 15th :eek:

Can i come round to yours then i've got nine games un all. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Can i come round to yours then i've got nine games un all. :p

sure np , we can add them to my list of 33 ;)

Advertisement