Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def-Humidifier in Galway - Where from?

Options
  • 16-10-2007 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for those powerless dehumidifiers that come in a little box (about a shoe box size), and you throw a sachet of stuff in that sucks up the moisture in the air. Aldi/Lidl were selling them last year. Does anyone know where i'd get them in Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

By chance Aldi are selling them next Sunday, absolutily brilliant! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cool, I need some too

I wonder just how good are they? Only time will tell! Wonder if there'll be much demand for them? going out on Sat night, i've a suspicion that ill be hungover on sun morning (ie. dead)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I asked my flatmate to pick some up as I'm away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

As far as I know they sell them in Atlantic Homecare and Woodies. I've got them there in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

heh, when I saw the topic I was going to post that I got them in aldi, which I imagined would have been no help at all, but there you go!

I got like 6 of them and put them in the attick, I forgot about them for a few weeks. Then when I checked them, they were overflowing. I now realise its stupid putting them in the attick unless it is sealed tightly from the outside air. But I was really impressed with the amount of water they captured.

Thanks for the info re. Woodies and Atlantic

They're supposed to be good, someone told me before. But yes, you need to seal off the area. The window's of the area ill be trying to keep dry have good seals, but i'm going to put some gaffer-tape around the door, it should help. I reckon you'd want to check them every week at least.

I think they're re-usable. ie. when they fill just empty and keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Very handy for damp cupboards etc - and yes, it's amazing how much water they draw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

JohnCleary wrote:
    I'm looking for those powerless dehumidifiers that come in a little box (about a shoe box size), and you throw a sachet of stuff in that sucks up the moisture in the air. Aldi/Lidl were selling them last year. Does anyone know where i'd get them in Galway?

Yup yup, we got them in Atlantic! down the aisle with the brushes! :D:D:D

The Queen wrote: »
    Yup yup, we got them in Atlantic! down the aisle with the brushes! :D:D:D

If you're being serious, then thanks ;)

How much?! They're not on the website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Cant remember the price but its not outrageous!

around 7 Euros, as far as I can remember.

Not much of a difference from Aldi then, nice to know

The ones in Aldi have two refills - whereas the Atlantic ones just come with one - so Aldi is cheaper...;)

galah wrote: »
    The ones in Aldi have two refills - whereas the Atlantic ones just come with one - so Aldi is cheaper...;)

Didn't realise they only came with one package, off to Aldi (with a mother of all hangovers I predict) on Sunday so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

PM sent.

A PM about Aldi dehumidifiers. I'm curious now.
    Nosey ? Me ?? Yes :)

chilly wrote: »
    A PM about Aldi dehumidifiers. I'm curious now.
    Nosey ? Me ?? Yes :)

Just letting him know where he could borrow a machine if he was badly stuck. Can't really put the contact details up here...

Just part of the friendly service on boards.ie :D

Fey! wrote: »
    Just letting him know where he could borrow a machine if he was badly stuck. Can't really put the contact details up here...

Just part of the friendly service on boards.ie :D

Actually ...that's very nice :)

Fey lied - he actually wants to score me but won't admit it in public :eek::D

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Fey lied - he actually wants to score me but won't admit it in public :eek::D

You weren't supposed to share my dirty little secret... :D

"What happens in PM, stays in PM", isn't it!!!:p

Advertisement