Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most up to date Uk/Ireland map available for route66?

• 16-10-2007 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what the most up to date ireland navteq map available for route 66, my current map is Q2 2006, is there a newer one, or one due?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Cyrus wrote: »
    Just wondering what the most up to date ireland navteq map available for route 66, my current map is Q2 2006, is there a newer one, or one due?

i think there is.. i have the mobile version and maps are from around march 07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

Route 66 are due to release navigate 8/ mobile 8 to the public this month which will have data from Q2 2007 mapping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Eirlink wrote:
    Route 66 are due to release navigate 8/ mobile 8 to the public this month which will have data from Q2 2007 mapping.

I was going to buy a unit today - does anyone know when you will be quaranteed Q2 2007 maps on a GPS [any recommended product] bought from e-tailer or alt. bricks and mortar shops ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Sh1t...I just ordered Navigate 7 for PPC from Expansys...do they usually offer a cheap upgrade path?

nothing yet, but its imminent. as soon as i know i will inform you all on here.

• Advertisement

eirlink wrote:

Thanks eirlink - You seem to be the resident non-agenda, industry insider & champion of all those who seek a bit of direction in their daily lives :D

- Now this is a bit non-sensical [:o] But whats the story on buying a GPS unit now anyhow with the promise of the upgrade to Navteq Q2 2007 maps when they become available ? I know that mysatnav.ie seem to offer something along these lines & there are probably others ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Just a bit confused on this one. Everywhere I look to buy the Route 66 Navigate 7 Sw it says it comes with Q4 2005 GB/Irl Navteq Mapping including the Route 66 website itself.

http://www.66.com/route66/products.php?cid=IE&sec=9&ssec=0&prodid=2189

Is this actually the case or does it ship with whatever the latest mapping is at that point in time? Or does it ship with a default of Q4 2005 with a path to getting the latest maps with cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

eirlink wrote: »
    Someone on here said August, then October (yourself), now it's nearly mid November, Nokia is buying Navteq... starting to think we'll never see an update.

as soon a i get it you will know. the info i posted was the info i was given.

JHMEG wrote: »
    Someone on here said August, then October (yourself), now it's nearly mid November, Nokia is buying Navteq... starting to think we'll never see an update.
    Eirlink wrote:

Wow - theres just something about the 240 second response time by Eirlink that inspires confidence :D !!!

- Checking this thread myself every 6 minutes cause I'm mad to order a new toy - but only as long as the maps are right up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

eirlink wrote: »
    Did the Q4 2006 maps come out in April/May as you were saying here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055067283
    or August like here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055106864

Advertisement