Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBAS - FeedBack

Options
  • 16-10-2007 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a dispute with a bookie at the minute.
    the Bookie customer support guys have advised me to contact IBAS as their decision is final as far as they are concerned.

I am looking for some feedback from you guys who may have had winning and/or losing cases logged with IBAS.

Any recommendation and experience you could share with me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

What is the dispute regarding? What bet was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

They have a reputation as being fair. You might want to check the regulations concerning Irish customers, as far as I know IBAS was enacted under British legislation and has no legal powers in Ireland.

Why don't you post the details here to make sure you are correct in your dispute before taking it any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Problem with posting the details is that the bookmaker can see it in the forum as well.

Well, there was a Rugby match with a Team A to score Over a certain amount of points.

The points were not shown on the website nor on the betslip: it just said "Team A to score Over".

The bet was then settled as a Loser and whehn I got in touch with the bookie, they said that the amount of points was clearly shown on the bet slip.

This was not the case when I placed the bet, and it still isn't the case in My Account section.

The bookmaker is saying that they checked out with IT and that the figure was there at the time of betting.

I argued that the figure may appear in the backend or in their customer support's front end, but, in the user front end, there was nothing. And My Account shows that I am correct.

Then finally, there are a few people who are experiencing the same issue, so there is a technical fault on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Maybe I'm just having one of those days but I still can't understand what the bet was. From my reading of what you posted it looks like you made a bet on Team A to score over x amount of points but you never knew what x was? Are you trying to argue x was 0 because you could not see it?

Bad Brian : the argument is over the fact that they claim the score was displayed and this is the reason why they don't refund the bet.

• Advertisement

So without knowing how many points team A were to score over you still went ahead and placed the bet? If that's the case I really can't see IBAS ruling in your favour.

How can they not be on my side since the bet cannot be settled as a Loser?

The bet should be settled against the displayed amount.

At best the would recommend the bet to be voided. The point is you took a bet without knowing the points over amount.

Out of curiosity why did you place the bet if you didn't know the amount of points team A were to score over? Did you think that the bet would be a winner no matter what the score was?

masterK wrote: »
    At best the would recommend the bet to be voided. The point is you took a bet without knowing the points over amount.

Out of curiosity why did you place the bet if you didn't know the amount of points team A were to score over? Did you think that the bet would be a winner no matter what the score was?

I thought it was a No score. Like Over nothing or over zero.
    Sometime there are some strange odds or score values.

Yes, I am looking for them to void the bet.

So anyone has a feedback for me? How quick are they to reply?

Can I log a case with them by email or do I need to post mail a form to their London office?

I am an Irish resident. Could it be a prb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Number 11 of their terms and conditions could be a stumbling block.
    http://www.ibas-uk.com/

IBAS further reserves the right not to look into a dispute if it considers it to be spurious or frivolous

The problem is not what I thought the bet was. the problem is with the settlement of the bet. the amount does not show so how can it be a loser bet?

Also, the My Account section can display all of my other bets (thousands) but not this one.

The Bookmaker stands by the log their IT dpt sent and they say that the amount was clearly displayed. They don't comment neither on the fact that My Account shows no Score and they don't comment on the fact that I am not the only user experiencing the issue.

It would be too easy for bookies to put just about anything on their bet slip and settle them as Lost.

Now, the reason why I posted here was not to expose my case really but rather to gather feedback on IBAS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

Jeff Bond wrote: »
    The problem is not what I thought the bet was. the problem is with the settlement of the bet. the amount does not show so how can it be a loser bet?

Also, the My Account section can display all of my other bets (thousands) but not this one.

The Bookmaker stands by the log their IT dpt sent and they say that the amount was clearly displayed. They don't comment neither on the fact that My Account shows no Score and they don't comment on the fact that I am not the only user experiencing the issue.

It would be too easy for bookies to put just about anything on their bet slip and settle them as Lost.

Now, the reason why I posted here was not to expose my case really but rather to gather feedback on IBAS.

Why would you back something when you didnt know what the over amount was?! You say you have thousands of bets in the My Account section, but i find it hard that a consistent gambler would not realise that their is a mistake up on the webste, and that the over value would simply be ammended to what was the correct value. Did you think you were pulling a fast one on the bookies or something??!?
    Any one who does place bets regularly would obviously see this as a mistake and check the betting on other sites, and would also know that the value is simply going to be changed by the bookies when they see the mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

They can just claim palpable error here. As far as I can see you just found a glitch on the website and decided to have a 'bet to nothing'. You should be happy to get a void.

latenia wrote: »
    They can just claim palpable error here. As far as I can see you just found a glitch on the website and decided to have a 'bet to nothing'. You should be happy to get a void.

I'd be happy with a void but the bookmaker sees it as a lost.

I sent an email to IBAS 2 weeks ago. Still no answer ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Jeff Bond wrote: »
    I sent an email to IBAS 2 weeks ago. Still no answer ..

Have they got a phone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

hey Jeff,........ it's a lesson I have learned the hard way.

YOU KNOW , THEY WERE NEVER GOING TO SETTLE IT AS A WIN ,... the bookies are only there to take money from your pocket, and if its by slightly dubious means ....then so be it.

Individuals are under pressure to meet certain targets , in order to satisfy their employers, and Im sure bonus's are taken into account too,..... so you can expect the bookie's to rob you blind if you give them the oppurtunity.... pretty much like we all would rob them blind if they gave us the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Bernard Hopkins.. What a load of bull. The fact a trader would manipulate a market this much to gain a few quid is ridiculous. They make enough money off bad punters, limiting max stakes, closing winning accounts, etc.

As for IBAS.. I don't think you have a case. If the bookie realised it was their mistake they would have already voided the bet or given you a free bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭RaiseTheBlinds

ok,... Fair enough.
    What do you think the bookie should do in this case then ?....... was his bet rightly deemed "lose" ? or should it have been voided , considering the specified market was not on display , proof of which exists on the customer's receipt !!!

I had a case where a bookie offered 2.5 (6/4) on the 80 minute mark (soccer) for "no more goals" .... within 2 minutes the bet was voided and the stake returned to my account ,.... on the 90th mninute a goal was scored , and the bookie then re-staked the bet they had just voided !!! The sum was €200.

I quickly got on the case , and eventually got an apology from the bookmaker and the 200 back. corrupt people exist in every walk of life, and neither bookmaker nor punter is exempt.

• Advertisement

May I add that the bookie claims that the figure was clearly displayed at the time of betting.( which is untrue)
    They claim that what I see in my Account is a different story ...

Also they dont comment on the fact that there are other clients with same issue. Finally I have aq screenshot of My account and they never comment that either.

ok,... Fair enough.
    What do you think the bookie should do in this case then ?....... was his bet rightly deemed "lose" ? or should it have been voided , considering the specified market was not on display , proof of which exists on the customer's receipt !!!

I had a case where a bookie offered 2.5 (6/4) on the 80 minute mark (soccer) for "no more goals" .... within 2 minutes the bet was voided and the stake returned to my account ,.... on the 90th mninute a goal was scored , and the bookie then re-staked the bet they had just voided !!! The sum was €200.

I quickly got on the case , and eventually got an apology from the bookmaker and the 200 back. corrupt people exist in every walk of life, and neither bookmaker nor punter is exempt.

Advertisement