Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 3g SMTP server.

Options
  • 16-10-2007 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

I am still having problems with sending mail using my 3G USB datamodem. It tells me that the IP that I am using is blacklisted. When I had this issue with one of my clients, who was on a different network, the ISP just said to use one of their SMTP servers.

Is there a Three server that can be used instead of mail1.eircom.net as the SMTP server.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I am still having problems with sending mail using my 3G USB datamodem. It tells me that the IP that I am using is blacklisted. When I had this issue with one of my clients, who was on a different network, the ISP just said to use one of their SMTP servers.

Is there a Three server that can be used instead of mail1.eircom.net as the SMTP server.

You say O2 in the title but Three in the post? Which is it? You can only send email from an Eircom hostname through an Eircom SMTP server, everything else gets blocked as you stated.. to stop spammers...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

When I'm using O2 the ONLY Outgoing server that works is smtp.o2.ie
    I can fetch mail from any network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

carbsy wrote: »
    You say O2 in the title but Three in the post? Which is it? You can only send email from an Eircom hostname through an Eircom SMTP server, everything else gets blocked as you stated.. to stop spammers...

Yeah, you're right. I tried to change it earlier but wouldnt let me, turns out I wasnt logged in. I've changed it now. But yeah, my SMTP connections are being refused cos the IP that I am using (assigned by 3) is blacklisted.

A guy on 02 had the same problem and when I rang them for him they just gave him their SMTP server to use. Do Three provide the same service, since their IPs are blacklisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

Yeah, you're right. I tried to change it earlier but wouldnt let me, turns out I wasnt logged in. I've changed it now. But yeah, my SMTP connections are being refused cos the IP that I am using (assigned by 3) is blacklisted.

A guy on 02 had the same problem and when I rang them for him they just gave him their SMTP server to use. Do Three provide the same service, since their IPs are blacklisted.

Blacklisting isn't the correct word here.
    Its called access control.
    ISP's only allow access to their SMTP Servers from IP's that they own. That makes sense...
    Its common practice around the world.
    So if you move from one ISP to another, you will generally _always_ have to change your SMTP server settings.

Advertisement