Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are you dressing up for at Halloween?

• 16-10-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

I am looking for inspiration I am going out as a group of 5 over 30 ladies to a party and we can't agree what to dress up as,someone wants to do 'old spice girls' someone else wants to do Alice in wonderland with the rabbit, Alice, queen of hearts etc... so if anyone has any ideas for me I'd really appreciate it and tell me what you are going as:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ilovefashion

i was at a fancy dress party last week and i went as a stepford house wife, it was pretty easy and fun!u could all go as super heroes!its funny and you'd have a laugh. u could also go as the wizard of oz... dorothy, glenda the good witch, the wicked with, a lion ,tinman etc, that could look cool!hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Yeah I was going to suggest the Wizard of Oz... I've seen it done and it can look pretty good. Just have to let people squabble over the good costumes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

Dress up as hookers. It's funny plus you'll get alot of male attention!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Just re-read the thread title and it should read 'what are you dressing up as for halloween' :o

Thanks for your suggestions especially the hooker one I had a good laugh at that one!! We'd look a sight all mums 30+ LOL but I suppose that is the idea and it would look very funny but we will probably leave it to the young uns;)

The wiz of oz is a great one but sadly has been done and won the actual fancy dress comp a couple of years ago. But I think the super heroes sound great I have a feeling there will be killings over who is going to be wonder woman! and sure someone could do catwoman, batwoman.is there a batwoman? mrs incredible would be good the possibilities are endless! Thanks again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 SheenaD

Perfect oppurtunity for girls to dress as sluts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dress up as the female version of the YMCA guys:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

the_syco wrote: »
    Dress up as the female version of the YMCA guys:D
    That is such an amazing and unique idea! I'd definitely go as that if it was a group thing...amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i'm gonna dress as either a cigarette, or a bottle of buckfast, i need to get chicken wire first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭KlondikePaddy

What about a saucy group of girl guides!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

The Pink Ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Evil clown!
    Everyone loves clowns..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

how are you doing this? i might copy you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I did a priest last year, which was lazy enough to begin with so I probably won't do that again.

Robin Hood might be on the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭KlondikePaddy

Ron Burgundy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Morticia Adams

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coolguy

Aoife9 wrote: »
    Just re-read the thread title and it should read 'what are you dressing up as for halloween' :o

Thanks for your suggestions especially the hooker one I had a good laugh at that one!! We'd look a sight all mums 30+ LOL but I suppose that is the idea and it would look very funny but we will probably leave it to the young uns;)

The wiz of oz is a great one but sadly has been done and won the actual fancy dress comp a couple of years ago. But I think the super heroes sound great I have a feeling there will be killings over who is going to be wonder woman! and sure someone could do catwoman, batwoman.is there a batwoman? mrs incredible would be good the possibilities are endless! Thanks again:)

There is no batwoman but there is a batgirl.

Another possibility is what i dressed up as at last years halloween party at work.
    I dressed up as a carribean wrench (fenale pirate).
    I hired out the outfit from a fancy dress shop consisting of red dress bandana and eye patch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Five fingers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭cas91

Personally think that although quite unoriginal... spice girls is quiet time appropriate considering there world tour is on soon.. you could get some great outfits for that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

im going as a candy love heart :) got it for ten dollars in the summer
    19004.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Ron Burgundy!!!!

i was gonna go as a greaser/teddyboy. ron burgendy is a MUCH better idea.

Damn you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 hdal

I got a gorgeous French maid costume on ebay! Last year i went as a santa girl (that got some attention i can tell you ;) ). That was from leg avenue on ebay, they've amazing costuems & pretty cheap!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

http://file026a.bebo.com/2/large/2007/05/25/11/363624937a4480458555b481111344l.jpg This with beautiful purple shoes. Woo, can't wait to re-wear it. (Queen from Snow White..y'know 'Mirror Mirror')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'd love to be Alice in Wonderland, but wouldn't a dress be impossible to find? the closest I can think would be one of the tiny dresses from miss fantasia's but they're very short and also probably terribly expensive =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

I need a scary costume! My boyfriends family are hosting a party an theres gonna be little kids there late in the afternoon and i need a really scary costume!!! please help!

Be a witch! And make your face all hideous with facepaint and stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I'm gonna dress up as the witch from wizard of oz (the one the house lands on), does anyone know of somewhere in city centre to get witch hat and cape? they have lovely ones on joke.co.uk but they want 30euro for delivery :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Galadriel wrote: »
    I'm gonna dress up as the witch from wizard of oz (the one the house lands on), does anyone know of somewhere in city centre to get witch hat and cape? they have lovely ones on joke.co.uk but they want 30euro for delivery :eek:
    Joke shop, head up Grafton Street, take a right just before St Stephens Green Shopping Centre. Has lots of sh|te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fruitbat

Am I the only one who misses the days when you couldnt just buy costumes? I remember spending weeks making mine and assembling various accessories etc. Now it just seems like everyone justs goes and buys a prepackage one.

Also, isn't halloween the time for scary costumes? Like not bunnies, faeries, .....

Maybe all the scary ones have been done and don't seem original enough anymore.

Yeah I couldn't justify splashing out on a costume, I don't like being the same thing for Halloween two years running but it'd seem so wasteful if I didn't wear it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'm going as wenda from Where's Wally...his ex-girlfriend's sister (I never knew Wally had such a history!!) it's easy and effective, esp if you wear glasses...and if there ar a few of you going, dress as Wally, Wenda, Wilma, the dog, the Wizard and the bad guy (yellow and black) Nerds ahoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

A giant penis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

Im tiny...in height like so im hoping to go as elf/pixie...can anyone tell me wer I cud get a hat...even if anyone has seen a robin hood outfit??..I cud use bits of it?? Dublin stores only thou...1.40 bus fare only gets you so far haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Ok I need help. I want to dress as something thats not scary but funny, but not funny in a crude way, i.e. the giant penis.

Something along the lines of the dogs or squirrels in trigger happy tv - i find them hilarious. Imagine seeing a squirrel just sitting down in the pub having a pint not making a big deal. That'd be great. Any ideas? Or where I could get a decent costume that wont cost me a fortune? (Maybe a 60-70 euro limit)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

http://smiffys.com/EN/Trade/Store.aspx?ViewLevel=Article&Code=25035

That. Bought the dress last year. E75... eep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I am being really really lazy and going as a hippie

picked up a dress in Penneys, a few beads, a pink wig and some glasses, spent a total of 15 euro

I just have no shoes to wear with them

• Advertisement
Advertisement