Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GSXR 600 electric start

• 16-10-2007 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've got a problem with my bike and i'm hoping someone can help.

I've got a Suzuki GSXR600 K1. Lately the electric start button doesn't seem to be reliable. Kill switch is ON. Key turned on in ignition. Bike in Neutral. Clutch pulled in. Press the Start button and nothing (no sound, no nothing, was as if i hadn't even pushed the button). Bike starts eventually after several attempts with me turning everything off and back on. The most recent was the worst yet. Didn't think bike was going to start. After about 10 mins, gave up and put bike back in shed. (luckily, i was at home). When i was in the shed, gave it one last try and presto (worked). My only fear is that this will happen me when i'm not at home.

Anyone got any ideas what's wrong? Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Try sprayin a load of wd40 into the kill switch and starter button. With the ignition off keep pressing the button, and turning on and off the kill switch while spraying wd 40....
    Sounds like dirty contacts.

Advertisement