Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drivers

• 16-10-2007 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i have an old PC im fixing for a friend, his windows xp has become very buggy indeed and needs a reinstall, its full of spyware to, so heres the question i cant find drivers for it on the net anywhere and theres no pc model number or anything, ripping out each pc of hardware from the box and googling it sounds like a nightmare, is there a possible way of backing up the preinstalled drivers and pasting them ack in at the end of the reinstall????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Go to start run and type msinfo32. This is the system information tool. It will allow you to view the location and name of the drivers.

Also download belarc advisor. It will give you an audit of the hardware and software on your PC.

P.S.

(Have you tried running a few spyware scanners (including hijackthis). I find Avg Antispyware, superantispyware and spybot, quite good. Also try ccleaner to clean up unneeded files and clean the registry. (A chkdsk and defrag may be in order too) If you have an installation CD, stick it in and run sfc /scannow. This will replace any missing system files.

Alot of the drivers needed will probably be automatically loaded from the driver.cab file.

Yes, a time comes when a clean install is best, but I'd try these first)

Advertisement