Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Homes

Options
  • 16-10-2007 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am in the process of buying a new house and all the houses in the development have been prewired by SmartHomes.ie. However looking on their site their hardware seems very expensive

Can i buy my own speakers, media player, multiroom audio system etc and will they be able to conect to the preinstalled wiring easily.

Also does anyone recommend any products or where to buy. My budget would be quite low at the start but I would add more stuff in time.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Yes , you can attach anything you want to the connectors , you may have to buy plugs to fit , but any audio device can be connected up here ,

Smart do a lovely website , but when it comes down to it , all theyve done is run wires in the walls , and these can be used with any system.

As regards their equipment , Im not impressed , philips wouldnt be my choice for a TV , only idiots buy Bose , ( all bose have talent for is advertising ) etc. etc.

Try here for some nice starter kit ,

www.richersounds.ie

If you post a picture of the pre wired wall terminals , I'll tell you what plugs you need to get to connect and where to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I will not have keys to house untill January so I cant take pics yet. I took a look on the site but I dont see anything about multi room audio systems.

Thanks,
    Foxirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pocky

Talk to www.powerhaus.ie they do get a "few" samrthome customers ;)

Advertisement