Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 year anniversary

• 16-10-2007 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Going unregged in case my girlfriend is cyberstalking me!

Anyway, we're both 21 (nearly 22) and will be have been together for 3 years this November. I'd like to take her somewhere nice for a weekend but amn't really sure where to start looking.

I'm thinking along the lines of a hotel but it'd be cool if we could go somehwere with a view to doing something interesting. Or maybe just somehwere in a nice setting with loads of facilities for pampering and the like.

I suppose my budget would be in the €500-€700 bracket but could go higher if something particularly good came up.

Any ideas? Even just to get me started?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Really depends on where your located and how far your willing to travel ?
    I took a g/f to this place and she absolutely loved it -

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/photos/index.html?propertyID=1749

Probably not the most practical if your from around the Dublin area though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

c - 13 wrote: »
    Really depends on where your located and how far your willing to travel ?
    I took a g/f to this place and she absolutely loved it -

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/photos/index.html?propertyID=1749

Probably not the most practical if your from around the Dublin area though.
    Well fair play to ya c-13, that looks amazing! I had a quick look at the different rooms and it's not immediately obvious what the difference is for some of them except the price!

Anyway, could you maybe tell me a little bit more about the place? What you enjoyed etc?!

Also, unfortunately we would be coming from Dublin. I don't really mind driving tbh. How long would the journey be roughly?

Well according to the AA Route planner the drive from BusAras to Cobh Town itself is about 3Hours 17Mins if thats any help ?

http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes/route.asp

As for this place, myself and the GF just wanted to get away to spend some decent time together because i'd been away.

We booked the Superior Room I think it was called ? Booked her in for a treatment or two. Theres supposedly an excellent golf course there too if your into that.

Anyway the place is nice and secluded, fantastic decor, rooms sizable and comfortable, nice bar too.

If you get bored of being aroundthe hotel there's a wildlife park and gardens walking distance from the hotel and Cobh heritage town is a little further down again (say about 10 Mins drive).

If you want any more infor let me know !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

For my boyfriends birthday in January I booked a romantic package at Clontarf Castle.

http://www.clontarfcastle.ie/specialoffers/special_offers.441.LE.asp

I turned up at his job, (dressed to impress) and told him I had dinner booked, ( i had a change of clothes for him) and took him for dinner. If you tell the restaurant staff that your other half doesn't know about the package deal they will not let the cat out of the bag.

Dinner was fantastic and the staff were more than helpful.

The room is fantastic and the champagne goes down a treat.
    You give the hotel a time you are checking in at and the champagne is on ice when you arrive.
    With the extra money if you wanted perhaps you could arrange to go shopping the next day if you're not at work or maybe a show in Olyimpia or Gaiety?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

You should be able to go to Paris for that - we are going for a week for our 10 year anniversarry and it cost less than 1000 and of that 700 was accomodation. We used to go every anniversarry for 3 days and to say that it is the most romantic place on the earth is an understatement, walking along the quay sides hand in hand can not be beaten. Also, they have the shops decorated like they used to for Christmas.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    You should be able to go to Paris for that - we are going for a week for our 10 year anniversarry and it cost less than 1000 and of that 700 was accomodation. We used to go every anniversarry for 3 days and to say that it is the most romantic place on the earth is an understatement, walking along the quay sides hand in hand can not be beaten. Also, they have the shops decorated like they used to for Christmas.

Yeah I had thought about going away but I'd prefer not to have to deal with the hassle that comes with flying and finding accomodation and all that. I'd rather just plow the money into something extra nice that we normally couldn't afford and I like the idea of just being able to drive down on the day. Thanks though.

Also, I'm totally hooked on this Sheraton place and they actually have an offer going at the moment of book 2 nights get a 3rd free which leaves me with some cash to spend on those fancy treatments! I meant to ask before, wtf is a "rain forest shower head"?

The only problem is that I can't think of a way to find out if she has anything on over the whole weekend in question (the actual anniversary date is midweek). I was thinking of saying that I'm having some sort of family thing that she's invited to but we're unsure of the date but that might sound a bit naff and transparent. Normally I'm really good at this!

Also, how come it doesn't say anywhere how many stars the hotel has?

IIRC theyre 5 Star. It was listed for them for www.booking.com.

Rainforest shower head is just a very wide circular shower head, perfect for two people ;)

Be careful with those offers, I went about booking one of those and it worked out a bit more expensive overall. i.e. - I wanted to book two days room price was x amount per night, saw the offer for get third night free, priced it, price per night had gone up to x+50%, so it wasnt free at all.

Advertisement