Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem disconnecting multimedia hard drive

• 16-10-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

hey guys was hoping for a bit of insight on this matter or if any of ye have come across it before, basically its regarding my multimedia hard drive that i picked up a couple of weeks ago of the net.

every time i try and disconnect it by right clicking on the icon on the bottom right of the screen it comes up 'can not disconnect now, please try again later'

so then i try later and the same message again

this forces me to cut the power off it and risking damage to it as ye know
    (not sure what damage tbh?)

can anybody please give me some insight in to this as i have never encountered this before

thanks in advane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This usually occurs if you have an open handle to it when you try to disconnect. Do you have anything running in the background - iTunes, media player, anything at all that would be accessing the drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

echos above post. Have a look in the task manager to see what processes are running. One may be using your drive.

Until you sort this (its a pain), if you are afraid of damaging the drive, power down the computer to remove the drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

thanks for that lads appreciate it, especially the info on powering down the computer in order to not hurt my drive, i have downloading(legal) which would be active but wouldn't have anything to d with the hard drive, sure i'll turn it off when i get back from work and hopefully it'll work

let ye know how i get on cheers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

well thats sorted anyways, seems to have done the job with the closing of the programs, thanks again lads;)

Advertisement