Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD Recorder recording issue

• 16-10-2007 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a DVD recorder and I was experimenting with it at the weekend not entirely sure how it operated. I recorded two separate VHS tapes onto a black DVD using the DVD recorder and the VHS video player. They seemed to be stored as two separate files. I was messing around and discovered I could name these files so I did. I also protected the files using the given options.
    However, when I try to play the DVD recording in a regular DVD player it will not load. Also I tried the DVD in my computer and it will not load. It is saying 0GB used and 0GB free when I check the disks properties. Might this be due to me protecting the files? Maybe only the DVD recorder can recognise them. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

you need ti finalise the discs before they will playback.

moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

how do you do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

it will tell you how in the instruction manual.

finalising "closes" the disc so no more information can be put onto it. when the disc is "open" you can record more information to it but it wont playback on anything apart from the recorder it was made in.

moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Thanks for your help

Advertisement