Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spooge Driver...

• 16-10-2007 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭

Just got my Vostro 1500 in the post yesterday and having a slight problem with it.
    Everytime I try to open DOW: Dark Crusade I'm getting the following error:
    'Spooge Driver not found. Verify that DirectX is properly installed.'

Now I've tried downloading DirectX and still no luck.
    Any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Is it running Vista? I had the same problem just yesterday and I just searched for the latest directx10. That seemed to work for me. Make sure to install the 2 patches for Dark Crusade also after installing the latest directx 10.

Hope that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Still not working. Have DirectX 10 and still getting the spooge driver error.

256MB nVidia® GeForce® 8600M GT
    Those are my card specs so I didnt really think there should be a problem with the driver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Usually means you need newer drivers/latest version DirectX.

anyway, don't play Dark Crusade. Play Winter Assault. We really need more players on there...:D

Thats the thing though. I've installed DirectX10.
    And I've tried installing a newer driver from the NVidia website but Im getting this error:
    'The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatable with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.'

??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You need a modded inf file to install those on your laptop.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14562

163.44 works best for me right now on my 8600gt with vista (also vostros 1500). I get 3,300+ on 3dMark'06

• Advertisement

That worked a treat. Cheers. *hug* :D

Advertisement