Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something weird in my crisps!

Options
  • 16-10-2007 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Uuuugh! Just bought a pack of a well known brand of crisps, after I was half way through eating them I pulled out a big brown piece of something I can only describe as ' The scrapings from the bottom of a chip pan that hasn't been cleaned for years.' Totally Gross! I'm a tad annoyed and want to complain. Should I send in the pack to customer complaints? How should I go about complaining? Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Hi grahamo
    Firstly take pictures of the offending "bit" and the pack with the expiry date and code. Email their customer service or call the customer service number.
    Be nice it gets you a lot further, They will probally send you vouchers as a replacement and apologies.
    I found a broken needle in my sons PJs in a delicate place for a young man :eek: from a well known retailer, brought it back to the shop and they send me a letter of apology and €100 gift voucher:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

grahamo wrote: »
    I pulled out a big brown piece of something I can only describe as ' The scrapings from the bottom of a chip pan that hasn't been cleaned for years.'

Close, but it's most likely a congealed mixture of fat, starch ( crisps crumbs)and flavour from the packaging hopper/feeder. Should have been rejected at filling stage.

Contact the manufacturers and they'll send you some product, vouncers or postal orders.

PS, it is edible but I'd rather not try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Email or write to the manufacturers and include any batch numbers expiry dates. I've done it with different things at different times and as others have said, you'll get vouchers back from most of them. Most things have a complaints address on them. If not just google the company website and you should find a 'contact us' form/address on there.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Post a picture :D

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

that happened to me a few years ago & I send the gunk back with the bag & a letter of complaint...... received a visit from a man in a van with a big bag of goodies & a letter of apology stating it was just flavouring etc but agreeing it shouldn't have been in my bag of crisps ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

same in a friends bag of crisps about a year ago just salt and the other flavourings in a lump. looks awful and probably tastes worse! the rep that called to her didn't even want to take it away with him as he knew exactly what it was so it is harmless except to the senses but let them know and they should probably look after you.

of course if it has legs or eyes or tentecles you should take pics and squash it with sometthing heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Agghhh!! I 'm eating crisps right now.

Occasionally get burnt lumpy bits though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Musha wrote: »
    I found a broken needle in my sons PJs in a delicate place for a young man :eek: from a well known retailer, brought it back to the shop and they send me a letter of apology and €100 gift voucher:D

A needle? As in the thing used to pin shirts or pajamas to the cardboard inside the pack?

If that is the case I can't believe your reaction. It's for the consumer to remove these pins before putting the garment on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

eth0_ wrote: »
    A needle? As in the thing used to pin shirts or pajamas to the cardboard inside the pack?

If that is the case I can't believe your reaction. It's for the consumer to remove these pins before putting the garment on...

thats called a pin. I think the op means a machinist needle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Correct Sunny2004, machinist needle broken and sewn in to the overlap of the crotch stiching about 1/4" long :eek: he had worn the pj that night and was complaining to me in the morning that something was sticking in to him I though it was just a piece of nylon thread. he was only about 6 years old and the pj where a christmas gift. Store took them back with no receipt and gave me a new pair aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

UPDATE! I complained to the company who apologised and said they'd send me some vouchers as a goodwill gesture which I thought was fair enough! Thing is I've heard nothing since and feel I've been fobbed off by their customer services dept. I'm a bit angry about it now at this stage. I think they should have taken it a bit more seriously! Not impressed with their customer care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

UPDATE! I complained to the company who apologised and said they'd send me some vouchers as a goodwill gesture which I thought was fair enough! Thing is I've heard nothing since and feel I've been fobbed off by their customer services dept. I'm a bit angry about it now at this stage. I think they should have taken it a bit more seriously! Not impressed with their customer care.

Did they take your address first time?

Did they take your address first time?

Yes, they have my address. they obviously just forgot all about me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Yes, they have my address. they obviously just forgot all about me :mad:

Ring the customer service and remind them. Nicely.

Ring the customer service and remind them. Nicely.

I know I should ring again and be polite but it would be quite hard to be polite at the moment. They tried to poison me with contaminated crisps and when I make a legitimate complaint they can't even deal with that in a professional manner. Thanks for listening everyone. Rant over! I'll ring up again when I'm in a better mood with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

its a bag of crisps....not a faulty car...relax!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They tried to poison you? That's either rampant paranoia or the most elaborate murder attempt in the history of mankind.

Advertisement