Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard drive replacement

• 16-10-2007 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

hi, last night I got the 1 red light, and the E68 error indicating a hard drive error. so looks like I'll have to send it for repair. I tried calling xbox support line on the UK number. I got cut off 3 times after nearing the end of a 10 minute call. it's pretty annoying, so I'm done calling them for now. it's definately a problem with their line...

anyway, i'm gona call to the store i got it in and see if they can do anything or maybe call them for me. what are the chances of me loosing all my gamesaves and gamer profile? can my profile be downloaded form live or something if i have to get a replacement?

also, is there an irish support number for xbox/microsft?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Your gamer profile will be recoverable, your saves are probably lost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/support/contact/

Phone

Assistance by phone:

1 800 509 186

or +353 12420758 from a mobile phone

Hearing Impaired (TTY device):
    1 800 509 197

Hours of operation:
    Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
    Saturday: 09:00-20:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ive never heard of a harddrive going before!

Did you try it in a mates Xbox?

Then you can check its the HD and not the xbox itself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

cool, cheers

****in bastards. they won't give me a new hard drive. it's out of warranty by a month or so. and first of all the guy on the phone tried to tell me that it was a problem with my console and it would cost £60 to fix. even I knew it was with the hard drive. that sucks balls that they wont repair or replace it, even for a fee. damn microsoft to the blackest part of hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Ermm don't mean to use this thread to pimp but I have a spare 20Gb Hard Drive that I could sell to you or swap for something?

Ah crap man, cheers for the offer but I just went up an bought one this afternoon. shoulda known someone would have a spare, what with the new 120 gig one out. what a ripoff it is though, €179 i think it was in xtravision. sure you could buy a 500 gig pc hard drive for that price if not cheaper.

Oh, and just my luck.. I got home today and found out that as part of his job, my dad had been in microsoft's headquarters today. was inspecting their exports, so he woulda been meeting some head guys, I'd imagine. Damn, if only I'd been givin' out about microsoft yesterday... coulda got a new harddrive or better out of it. it was weird hearin he was there today, cos it's not the type of place he would ever be....

feck..

Advertisement