Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erdinger Glasses

Options
  • 16-10-2007 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where the best place to get Erdinger glasses would be? My student days are over and I don't think robbing some from the pub is my best option anymore.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just offer to buy one in the pub, they will probably be impressed you didnt just try and nick it and you might get it free. The are massive yokes and hard to wash in a dishwasher or by hand since you cannot get a scrubber down the end. I dont like using them with bottles since it goes flat faster with all the swishing around. I prefer half pint glasses with the erdinger bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

Most Offie's suppling erdinger oktoberfest should have some as there is a promotion of a free glass with very 4 at the mo... If you can't find one thought Mchughs On the Kilbarrack Road have plently. If you call in and ask and i'll sort you out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Lidl are doing 2 for 5.99 at them moment. They are also doing Fransiskaner glasses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

rubadub wrote: »
    Just offer to buy one in the pub, they will probably be impressed you didnt just try and nick it and you might get it free.
    You reckon?

I wanted a Peroni glass from a restaurant a couple of weeks ago, and took this approach.

Was told no, I couldn't have the glass, or pay for it either.

So I just nicked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Will be down to lidl later. If they don't have any I'll just try buying some from a pub. There were some cool 120 year anniversery ones in Finnegans in Dalkey the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

DesF wrote: »
    You reckon?

I wanted a Peroni glass from a restaurant a couple of weeks ago, and took this approach.

Was told no, I couldn't have the glass, or pay for it either.

So I just nicked it.

Bravo! You really stuck it to em'! Every now and again when I want to get back at the corporate giants i just go into McDonalds, get a mean and throw the tray away at the end! That'll learn em'!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Got the last 2 in Lidl near Baker's Corner last night. There were still plenty of Fransiskaner ones though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jumpero

Anybody know where the best place to get Erdinger glasses would be? My student days are over and I don't think robbing some from the pub is my best option anymore.
    Erdinger sells them and lots more merchandise at their fanshop https://www.erdinger-fanshop.de/. The site is in German but you can easily work out whats what or just use an online translator website if you get stuck. If you order a few things e.g. variety beer packs, glasses etc. you can easily offset the 15 euro delivery.

Donovans off licence's are giving them away free when you buy four bottles of the erdinger oktoberfest brew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Lufty

Coming up to Oktoberfest time; does anybody know if any of the mentioned places have glasses on promotion again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Heatons have Leffe glasses and small Hoegaarden glasses for €1 each at the moment! The Hoegaarden ones are great as they're quite similar to some cocktail glasses in terms of shape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Lufty wrote: »
    Coming up to Oktoberfest time; does anybody know if any of the mentioned places have glasses on promotion again?

i dont know, but i'm licking my lips in anticipation.
    aldi had a wheat beer called licher last year. 5 bottles and a glass for a good price. It was a very good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I Have never paid for a beer glass and never will.

i stroke glasses all the time.

i even have a usa 94 harp glass!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

rubadub wrote:
    The are massive yokes and hard to wash in a dishwasher or by hand since you cannot get a scrubber down the end. I dont like using them with bottles since it goes flat faster with all the swishing around. I prefer half pint glasses with the erdinger bottles.

The reason the head goes flat faster is because you're washing your glasses in the dishwasher or with a scrubber. Even trace amounts of detergent will destroy the head. They should be rinsed with water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Try eBay also. I bought a few hard to get glasses off there before cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yo man I work in an offo and we always have loads of free glasses lying about.

Just ask in one and most times the staff will be happy to give you a box of them to get them out of the way.

Advertisement