Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist Near Pearse Street/south city centre?

Options
  • 16-10-2007 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I usually go to the dentist in Bray, I'm a bit scared of them because I used to have bad teeth when I was younger and my one in Bray is lovely, very patient and understanding. My tooth's hurting and i've been putting it off but I need to go to the dentist. I'm working in the city centre so can't really go to Bray without taking time off work. Does anyone know of a dentist that's not very evil around the Pearse Street area? is there any dentist in town that open early in the morning or the evening (or even lunch time) so I don't have to miss work? Any help is greatly appreciated. My tooth is killing me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

Nip into the Dental collage on Lincoln Place.. it free n friendly... and u get to help some students practice!! Seriously.. its a great place to go. I recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

watna, I don't know of any dentists around Dublin City, but I just want to say, I feel your pain.

I too am suffering from a very sore wisdom tooth.

The pain is invasive, I hate it.

My dentist put me on an antibiotic, and told me to come back a week later (which is tomorrow). I hope she just pulls the fecking thing out of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I rang the dental hospital but they need a referral from my own dentist, but for the trouble that'd cause me I might as well take the morning off work and go to him. I can also go to their accident and energency which is triaged, so I could be sitting there for hours, plus the pain is not super bad so I'd probably be seen last. I think I'll have to look some up in the golden pages and take my chances!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Smilerterry

Gallagher adn Associates on Fenion Street rae pretty good. Well I'm a nervous patient and they have always made me feel comfortable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭skydancer

Hiya
    there's a great new dental practice at grand canal dock - shelbourne dental clinic (on the web), i find karl vg, also place is ultra clean and modern

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I went to a dentist called Barry Devaney in Merrion Square yesterday who was great. I didn't have to wait, he had me in, gave me the all clear, cleaned my teeth and sent me on my way. I didn't even have to use my full lunch break. I'd reccommend it. He was also very nice when I told him I was scared of dentists!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I'd recommend Patrick Gowen on Baggot St.. he's a few doors up after the Tesco's if you're walking towards Ballsbridge. Was scared witless of dentists until I went to him!

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

David Nelligan on the south circular road, open very early in the mornings! Absolutely brilliant dentist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 maryclare

I have just finished a course of treatment with a great Dentist in a gorgeous new premises called Ranelagh Dental, in Ranelagh Clinic (its opposite Sandford National School, 22 Sandford Road). Her name is Dr Hilary Garvey, over 30 years a dentist and lovely. I needed a lot of basic work done (haven't been to the dentist in ages) and she was very gentle and calmed me down, explained everything in advance including fees which were a lot less than my previous dentist! For example, i needed a bite guard as I grind my teeth-my last dentist quoted me €800 and Dr Garvey charged me €200 for the same thing. I had 4 filling and they cost €80 each. I had an xray and I was charged €30 for it-so the moral is either shop around or go to Ranelagh dental! Their phone number is 4986940. Good luck!

Advertisement