Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircraft Design as a Career

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

The obvious employer in Europe is of course Airbus but also Embraraer in the north. They both seem to take in graduate engineers each year (certainly Airbus and i know Embraraer have employed quite a few graduates this year), but I'm almost sure that they require qualification to degree level. Is this course in Aircraft Systems a degree qualification? If not, you might want to investigate the option of transferring to Aeronautical Engineering in UL after completeing your course in Carlow? I am not familiar with the Aircraft Systems course in Carlow and cannot comment on the employment prospects as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

There is a good course in CIT as well (Cork).

Aeronautical Engineering.....some graduates have actually moved on to work for Boeing at pretty high levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

So you are getting your hands on the Magister in Carlow eh !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

kifi wrote: »
    The obvious employer in Europe is of course Airbus but also Embraraer in the north

Embraer in the North? Do you mean Bombardier?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

el tel wrote: »
    Embraer in the North? Do you mean Bombardier?

oops, yep i meant Bombardier

• Advertisement
Advertisement