Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gmail version 1.5 released

• 16-10-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭

go to www.gmail.com/app on your phone to download.
    Version 1.5 adds the ability to search your mail, easy access to your contacts list, more efficient data usage that reduces bandwidth consumption (and load time), and more configurable settings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I got it this morning, great little updates!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The link said it was 1.5 but the file once it was downloaded was just the same 1.0.5 version that I already have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

robinph wrote: »
    The link said it was 1.5 but the file once it was downloaded was just the same 1.0.5 version that I already have.

Sorry for not telling you before, but I have had it since at least a week back. Just noticed it when I downloaded the client to a new phone.

Edit: it was actually out Oct 6: http://groups.google.com/group/gmail-help-mobile/browse_thread/thread/ca4706e5ac3dfa68

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Does anyone know if you can set gmail app to regularily check for email in the background, say every hour or so. I am using it on a N95 and can't seem to find it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You cannot get the Gmail app itself to automatically refresh for new mails, but you can get the Nokia S60 messaging setup to do it. This will effect your download allowance though as it will continually connect to check for new mails.

You will need to change your language on your Gmail account to "English (US)" inorder to enable IMAP settings as they haven't enabled it for any other regions yet. Then you'll find the settings for configuring the Nokia messaging here.

I prefer the actual Gmail app for reading and composing of emails, but use the S60 messaging app to tell me when a new mail has come in. Also if you want to add attachements to a mail you'll need to use the S60 app rather than the Google one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

On Vodafone and I am getting:

"This program requires a data connection. Please contact your carrier, or visit the Gmail for mobile FAQ on your computer for more info"

Anybody else get the same?
    I have a SE 750i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phonesetup?cc=gb&lc=en
    Go through that and send settings to your phone for internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Just tried it - sent new WAP settings

Installed

Came back with "Settings not valid"
    whisht wrote: »
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phonesetup?cc=gb&lc=en
    Go through that and send settings to your phone for internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

I've asked elsewhere before: does it download/open attachments? (images/docs etc) not on my n95 and e61...
    And on both those phones (vodafone rtg) it only works with isp.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stoned Hippy

I was in the same boat looking for a way to get it to check for new mails periodically. I wanted it to do this because the google imap system works through port 993 which you can't use on vodafone live.
    The gmail app on the other hand works for me through vodafone live which uses my bundled data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

I was in the tsame boat looking for a way to get it to check for new mails periodically. I wanted it to do this because the google imap system works through port 993 which you can't use on vodafone live.
    The gmail app on the other hand works for me through vodafone live which uses my bundled data.

now that IS weird!!! Google maps I CAN use with live! But gmail only via .isp! (but I'm prepay... Hmmm?!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ive never tried to open a document so can't say but the only attachment I got it to open on my nokia 6500 was pictures.
    Videos, music files etc wont open.

You can open some attachments with the Gmail app but not all, and you cannot download them to the actual phone using it either. You need to use the S60 mail application to actually download them.

It will open most image formats and I've even had it try and, badly, reformat a pdf before as well. It seem to just be things that the full web version of Gmail will give you the option of viewing as HTML, but it still won't open everything that you can see using that view in a full browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Yes I hope they release a new version that at least lets you download the app onto your phone.

Advertisement