Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Meteor SIMs

• 16-10-2007 4:11pm

Just tried using a new Meteor SIM in my phone, it's less than a week old. And I see they're being 3 like. :eek:

I did a network search and the following showed up:

Meteor
    O2
    Meteor

In other words, the SIM seems to be overriding Vodafone's network name to hide the fact that you're roaming! And this is in a phone with generic firmware so it's not the phone that's doing it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Karsini wrote: »
    Just tried using a new Meteor SIM in my phone, it's less than a week old. And I see they're being 3 like. :eek:

I did a network search and the following showed up:

Meteor
    O2
    Meteor

In other words, the SIM seems to be overriding Vodafone's network name to hide the fact that you're roaming! And this is in a phone with generic firmware so it's not the phone that's doing it.

Ah is this common? I thought it was only on my phone with 3pay that it says:

3g / 3
    2g,3g / 3
    2g,3g / o2
    2g/3g / Meteor

Why is Vodafone turned into a second 3 here? This only happens in some areas of Dublin, not others? Very strange.
    What do you mean, to hide the fact that you're roaming? You mean roaming on the Vodafone network with Meteor when they don't have coverage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

When you roam to Vodafone, it says Meteor. You don't know the difference. Why does it make a difference? You're paying the same rates, and you have coverage so why does it matter what name you're seeing? It could be that you're in a National Roaming area. When I got to pick networks, I see O2, Vodafone and Meteor. No Three.

Being exact, it's

Meteor
    O2 IRL
    vodafone IE

Based in Limerick City.

I'm in the centre of Dublin and can't use the "second Meteor." My old Meteor number in the same phone shows up all the networks as normal. The funny thing is, the 3G Vodafone network shows up as Meteor even though it can't be used when in an area with roaming enabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Strange. Meteor did update part of their network last week, so it could just be a mess up related to that.

Advertisement