Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Joker Poker - European Deepstack Poker Championships! Feb 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

The structure looks great - loadsa play.
    Just one thing - Dev mentioned in his "well thread" that GJP festivals will be kept at 1k buy in.
    Just an observation

• Registered Users Posts: 36,275 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

nicnicnic wrote: »
    sound Mike didnt mean to take from what your trying to achieve here in any way and you know ill be there for sure. Just thinking of the way the wpt 50k starting stack ends ( huge amount of play early none late ).

Nicky, the WPT events would have a great late structure if they didn't remove levels left right and centre while making the clock 30mins at the FT. All for TV. Players always agree that the structure up to the final 6 is peerless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Mike,this looks fantastic,and clearly a lot of thought and effort have gone into it.I sincerely hope this is a huge success,and i'm sure this will be a big hit with players right across europe.This will put GJP firmly on the international map(if not already),and the very best of luck with it.I will certainly be there with bells on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

50k OMFG :eek:

Eh, looking for any dealers by any chance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

The structure looks great - loadsa play.
    Just one thing - Dev mentioned in his "well thread" that GJP festivals will be kept at 1k buy in.
    Just an observation

I have not got round to reading all of his well unfortunately, otherwise I would have asked him to edit that out. This is aimed at the whole of Europe and not just Ireland. We need to have the buy in a bit bigger to generate the right amount of interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

i have a list of dealers that will deffo show up if you need any, dealers that are reliable and asked for more work if there is any

also, please put me down for the 1st saturday game 500 nl game and confirm my entry
    if you need me to pre register with payment, pm me

also, is it possible that you could email / phone me (or players that have registered) 1 week i advance of the event, as a reminder ?

i wish you the best with this event, it looks great i hope it fills, i could do with the money, please post prize structure or at least just what does 1st place pay, its the only place i'm really interested in

will there be sats for the 1400 event ? and where will they be

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Add me please for de main event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

ocallagh wrote: »

ps: hope we can read at the tables!

lol :D I was thinking iPod and films!
    Shortstack wrote: »
    I have not got round to reading all of his well unfortunately, otherwise I would have asked him to edit that out. This is aimed at the whole of Europe and not just Ireland. We need to have the buy in a bit bigger to generate the right amount of interest.

In firness to dev he mentioned the "GJP event" which would kinda have meant the current one rather than this new festival from my reading...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54176012&postcount=61

Meant to add. Best of luck with this by the way. Looks the goodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hammertime wrote: »
    is it not getting a bit ridiculous with these huge starting stacks? I'm all for great playable structures etc but over the past year or so they have gone from 3k to 5k to 7.5k to 10k to 15k to 20k. Now its 50k. Is there really a need to give people 50k chips? Would 20k and a 60 or 90 minute clock not acheive the same?

its a bit like having the Amp that goes to 11 imo.

Anyone agree?

BUT IT GOES TO 11!!!

spinaltap-36821.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Captain Tom

wowowowowowowowow

my new meaning in life is to play this tournament

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Mike, can you please stick me down for the 500 shorthanded event. So sick good!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shane, play the main event you nit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,248 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I can see his reply now,

"6 max > Full ring"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Hi Mike / GJP

Congrats the events look really great. Can you tell me how to go about pre registering and when that option will be available. I will be playing the Short Handed Holdem and the Omaha events. They look like great events and im sure they will sell out quite quickly which is why i ask.

Thanks,
    Tom

Mellor wrote: »
    I can see his reply now,

"6 max > Full ring"

So, eh - play both??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

lol

I hope to play it, but i'm not really sure about it enough to book a place atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

50k seems a bit much. Also in the structure you posted up, i think the antes a a bit too big. They should be about 10% of the sb imo, not the bb. EDIT: Otherwise it looks fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

lol

I hope to play it, but i'm not really sure about it enough to book a place atm.

Just luckbox your way in through a satelite like you always do, sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Scummyscousers

I'd imgine the ME will attract a lot of journeymen pros from Europe/Britain The buyin is spot on for these lads....So the ME might fill pretty qickly
    Also the 50K and clock will unearth nits from every corner of middle nitdom.

few Qs
    Any offline Sats for this planned in conjunction with SE, Jackpot? CHLs.
    Will you reserve tickets for the ME for these Sats? ie how many?
    Any TV interest?
    Will this be online reg only?:)

On a side note : your monthly 300 game should be reduced to a 200 game.
    This may boost the figures back up. IMO.

EG Some may travel up to play a 200 rather play a 300 in Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Really in two minds on this i dont know if players betting will be out of proportion early on as u can afford alot of hit and i mean a good few with 1000 big blinds .In fairness to Gjp they Have good ideas I would not do this one but if anyone can pull it off Mike and Brian are prob the only two

Best of Luck with it Wont make it Due to the Coursing event ! This event might affect or help u a little down this way as its pay day for most as the Cash action is the Biggest in the Country for 3 days and players either get broke or get rich ... South East players Save for this and alot tarvel but i dont think it will affect

Neill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I think the best thing about this is for once its not in the middle of my exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

I think the best thing about this is for once its not in the middle of my exams!

so you can deal at it yea!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

I really think the idea behind this is great Mike, ie try something new and offer some serious value.....I'm just trying to get my head around the stack sizes but hope to play in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

Hi Mike,
    Still undecided about the necessity of such a large starting stack and how players will adjust to it but I feel it's an event not to be missed. Please pencil me in.
    Good luck with it,
    Adam Fallon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Mike,

Can you book me a spot in the S/H and main event please. Would like Day 1 to be the Thursday if possible otherwise work will become a problem.

Excellant structure as always by GJP, I do feel 50k is far to much, would rather less chips and longer clock to be honest. But fair play to GJP.

So which event will be the 1st to offer 100k starting stack...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Mike,

So which event will be the 1st to offer 100k starting stack...lol

see our deepest stack 2008 thread just listed :D

Registration will be available in any of the following ways:

1: Online Transfer on Green Joker Poker.
    2: Bank Wire
    3: Cheque
    4: Cash

Registration will close at 4pm on the Wednesday. This will not be extended. As all players will be registered at least 3 hours before kick off, this event will start on time.

I will need a deposit of at least 10% to Guarantee your seat (No Shows will lose the reg if seat not filled and cancelled within 7 days of starts). Entry for main event must be paid in full by 4pm Wednesday 6th Feb (and cleared if paying by chq/bank transfer). To Arrange to pay please use email mike (at) greenjokerpoker.com NOT PM's.

The first 75 people to pay a deposit on their seat will be able to choose their start day. After that then it will be the luck of the draw and NO exceptions will be made.

For the S/H event the first 108 people to pay/part pay will play. Same for the Omaha (First 135).

Anyone who pays/part pays for their seat will get a full refund if they win a seat in a satellite.

20 seats will be reserved for the two satellites on the week of the event.

Players will be responsible for booking their own hotels. We will have a rate for most hotels in the area shortly.

Winnings over €1000 will be paid by Chq/Wire Transfer/GJP Account - Your Choice. If you prefer cash we can make arrangements for you to collect from the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Excellant structure as always by GJP, I do feel 50k is far to much, would rather less chips and longer clock to be honest.

Why did we decide on 50,000 chips and a 1 hour clock as opposed to 20k and 90mins?

The clue is in the title of the festival, it is the European DEEPSTACK Championship.

10-20k is the norm nowadays. I don't see anybody going beyond 50k without starting at much higher blind levels.

When have we ever followed the pack?

All the rest of the structures and details are up at:

http://www.greenjokerpoker.com/edpc2008.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭rekoJ

The Boyne Valley Hotel are doing a special rate during the festival of €60 pps or €85 single per night you can contact the hotel directly on 041-9837737

Book Early!

Advertisement