Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More VRT related questions - Sorry!

Options
  • 16-10-2007 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

So i want to get my car VRT'd, i currently reside in rented accomodation in Dublin however i am at home down the country for the next two weeks. I want to use my Dublin address as i want a 'D' reg on my car...

Is it possible to get the VRT inspection done in Sligo/Galway or do i have to have it done in the juristiction dictated by the adress on the application form?
    Or can you just go to the VRT office thats most easily accessable to you and get it done there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Yeah you can go to the one in santry, vrt it there, and get it put on a D reg as long as you have a dublin address for them to send out your log book, tax etc. etc

...oh wait why am I answering to YOUR post.

"I find if i ignore people like C_Breeze they eventually get bored and go away. Boards is polluted with the likes of he/she/it with nothing worthwhile to contribute "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Good God Man! i didn't ask you specifically to reply! Thanks anyway but what im wondering is if i can go into Sligo or Galway VRT office and still get a 'D' reg...

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Yes you can go into any VRO office even if its not in the county you want on the plates.

Its possible they will also look for proof that you live at your dublin address, ie. bank statements, bills etc..... not as easy to get a "D" reg as it was before...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Thanks Bucks :) That saves an unnecessary journey to Dublin and hopefully means that i can kill two birds with one stone!

Advertisement