Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland jersey

• 16-10-2007 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Does anyone where I could aquire a proper irish jersey without the awful eircom logo? I've searched all over the net for one, but I can't seem to find one.

Yes I know Ireland chances are over for qualifying but the little brother really wants one.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It can't be had, unless you get one from a player who has played in a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

search works :eek:

Theres someone on ebay who sell them, posted here before search and you will find it :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I bought a sponsorless away jersey from him months ago.
    He hasn't sold any since June though, so I presume he doesn't sell them anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Ye thats the one. Mine is long sleeved. I know it's not the current jersey but it was only €25 and has no sponsor....would love the home jersey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

This always gets me. Why is Ireland the only team ( i think ) that does have a sponsor on their replica jersies? I cant think of any other team that does

This always gets me. Why is Ireland the only team ( i think ) that does have a sponsor on their replica jersies? I cant think of any other team that does

Why is ireland the only country that changes the price of a match ticket from 50 to 70 when they have made 10 million from german tv?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

two great quotes there lads on the monetry mysteries of the FAI :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Why is ireland the only country that changes the price of a match ticket from 50 to 70 when they have made 10 million from german tv?
    Huh? My tickets for all the matches only cost €50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

not only that though, it's one of the most hideous corporate logos out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

It was part of the deal with Opel years ago and they always kept that clause in through their contracts. When eircom took over they then obviously expected the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Huh? My tickets for all the matches only cost €50

Only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

mine was €70

Did the FAI really get €10 million from German TV?

PiE wrote: »
    Only?
    :D But my comment was in reply to the comment that the FAI upped the tickets fro €50 to €70
    Tickets were available at both prices.

dubmick wrote: »
    Did the FAI really get €10 million from German TV?
    Dunno, but Dunphy said it after the match the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

And Eamo certainly isn't known for making sweeping exaggerations about stuff of which he has no knowledge.

I'd certainly say it's true.

I might also add that Eamo also said that Germany made it to the final of WC06.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=
    At least the FAI will gain financially from the visit of Germany. It is expected to show a profit of about €10 million (about £6.9 million) – making it the most lucrative match in Irish football history – from broadcast rights, ticket sales and advertising.

But is that not just a combination of Gates and TV?

Just re-read th post about 10mill alone from german TV, no i very much doubt that. Im not sure that dunphy was saying that either, he was saying how much the world cup qualification would be worth in 2 years and said the FAI made 10million from the germany game with (including) money from german TV. Or as is i took it anyway..

• Advertisement

Dunphy just said that Football in Ireland was too much of a serious business to have an amateur in charge and that qualification would have been worth 30 million and the Germany match alone was worth 10 million. He didn't give a breakdown of the 10 million.

so prob safe to say the germans didn't go lining our pockets to that degree then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I've definitely heard that the FAI will make 10 Million PROFIT from the German game last Saturday.

The stand to make over 11 Million overall, but the costs are over 1 million (including the 1 million renting of Croker).

They received 5 million from German TV stations alone for telly rights. The rest of the cash comes from other telly rights like RTE, corporate sponsorships, gate receipts on the night, advertising.

It makes me sick that they whacked up the tickets so much for the matches in Croker, but stand to make an absolute windfall from it. It also annoys me the way the tickets are doubled up - so to get the Germany ticket you had to buy one for the Cyprus match. Now I would have gone to both, but it just annoys me the way the force the decision on people. Forking out 100 quid for 2 tickets is no joke to a lot of people. I doubt the ticket prices will go back down now.

joker77 wrote: »
    It also annoys me the way the tickets are doubled up - so to get the Germany ticket you had to buy one for the Cyprus match. Now I would have gone to both, but it just annoys me the way the force the decision on people.
    I've no problem with that at all, in fact it makes very good business sense.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I've no problem with that at all, in fact it makes very good business sense.
    P*ssing off most of your customers makes very good business sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

P*ssing off most of your customers makes very good business sense?

People are so pissed off that they snap up the tickets? Obviously there's a market for it otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    People are so pissed off that they snap up the tickets? Obviously there's a market for it otherwise they wouldn't do it.
    All it's doing is breeding more contempt for the FAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

All it's doing is breeding more contempt for the FAI.

Don't think it can get much worse tbh!

To be honest i think the doubling up of tickets is a good idea. It just says, "alright if want to support your country against a world power, you can come against an unfashionable team too". It guarantee's a good crowd behind the team against the smaller nations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement