Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

320mb sli?

Options
  • 16-10-2007 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

right, after looking at the recommended spec for crysis, i notice i surpass all but the grafix... ive got a gts 320, but crysis wants a 640mb.

should i even be considering upgrading to beter graphics to get a really decent dx10 game from crysis? and if so, should i spend €300 on another 320mb to make sli? (1680*1050 resolution, i like maxing AA and AF) or should i look at selling my gts for :confused:200ish:confused:, and get a gtx. or should i wait for the next line up of cards, and wat kinda prices we talkin with them?

if someone wants to offer sell one of the above to me, fire away, im all ears

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Yep, you'll need to sell your GTS. €200 sounds about right. Oh look! Why there is €200 just resting in my account, coincidence surely?

I'd sit tight and wait and see. Hopefully the memory requirements are for Ultra High quality settings. You could take the hit and sell the GTS, the soon to be released 8800gt with 512MB is rumoured to be quite good and will be priced around the same as the GTS. Start overclocking that GTS if you haven't already done so! You should get near GTX performance, except at massive resolutions 1900x1200 etc. As the GTS 320mb is being made redundant, buying another for SLI would be a poor choice and SLI won't double your memory. The upcoming ATI cards next month should be very good also. Basically you've got a whole bunch of cards coming out at €250-300 which hopefully will not be far behind the GTX in game FPS at the res you have, which kinda makes getting a GTX right now a bad choice too. Overclock then sit and wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Cassiel wrote: »
    Yep, you'll need to sell your GTS. €200 sounds about right. Oh look! Why there is €200 just resting in my account, coincidence surely?

I'd sit tight and wait and see. Hopefully the memory requirements are for Ultra High quality settings. You could take the hit and sell the GTS, the soon to be released 8800gt with 512MB is rumoured to be quite good and will be priced around the same as the GTS. Start overclocking that GTS if you haven't already done so! You should get near GTX performance, except at massive resolutions 1900x1200 etc. As the GTS 320mb is being made redundant, buying another for SLI would be a poor choice and SLI won't double your memory. The upcoming ATI cards next month should be very good also. Basically you've got a whole bunch of cards coming out at €250-300 which hopefully will not be far behind the GTX in game FPS at the res you have, which kinda makes getting a GTX right now a bad choice too. Overclock then sit and wait :)

i think ur right to wait for the next gen cards, but by that time, ill have played thru the bones of crysis already, and im an impatient person!

sure i might accept that very coincidental offer for my 8800gts IF someone offers me or can find me a good gtx for a good price

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Why not wait till Crysis is out before deciding? Plus the 320mb video memory limits may mean you may have to have medium textures/no anti aliasing, but game should still run great, wait till the SP demo is out next week before deciding id say

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

i think ur right to wait for the next gen cards, but by that time, ill have played thru the bones of crysis already, and im an impatient person!

sure i might accept that very coincidental offer for my 8800gts IF someone offers me or can find me a good gtx for a good price

What about the 2900Pro? Better then the 8800GTS 320mb and with 512mb memory - if you got 200 for your GTS you'd only be looking about 50 extra odd euro - now that's not bad for a improvement stop gap until the next gen come out. When I get some money together I'm definitely looking at that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

now theres a bit of thinking outside of the box...

didnt occur to me really, but to be honest im leaning in the nvidia direction at the moment. dont get me wrong, i still have a rig with a 9800pro in it, that was a fantastic card by ati. but seeing as i have nvidia ram and mobo, might get a bit more from a nvidia grfx card no?

i think yoyo has the right idea aswell tho, wait for crysis demo to come out, see if the gts is a keeper, if the 2900pro plays at full whack, or if im better off splurging on a gtx, and in the meantime keep an eye out for nvidias new line up.

jaysus, they made it complicated....

• Advertisement
Advertisement