Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booker, Sharmell, Daivari Released

• 16-10-2007 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Booker T and WWE Diva Sharmell as of October 27. We wish both Booker & Sharmell the best in all their future endeavors.

All hail....
    WWE has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Shawn Daivari. We wish Daivari the best in all his future endeavors.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Well, there ya go, it's finally official. It's a real shame, Booker reached his peak in the last two years. Everyone always mentions TNA when a WWE guy leaves, so let me be the first to say that TNA actually would benefit from this release if they could sign him up. I don't see it happening though, Booker had planned to retire a couple of years ago and he's got plenty going on in his life. I'll miss him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I hope he has a great retirement. He earned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

He'll be missed! But tbh, I don't think Booker ever got over as much as he deserved to. He had a great talent. Bye-bye Booker (for now)!

Hell of a last run for him though. I honestly didnt think he could produce a run like that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I hope he has a great retirement. He earned it.

Echoing this sentiment. His WWE stint did nothing for me, but loved him in WCW. The guy has been on the go years and has indeed earned his retirement. :)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I see booker walking away from the business now.He owns his own wrestling school so i suspect that he will be happy enough to sitck to that.
    I liked him.I thought that he was a good worker.His early stint in the WWE did him no justice though.
    I think now is the right time for him to leave the wrestling business in terms of peforming.Theres a guy that has indeed earned his retirement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Booker will be sadly missed but I don't think it came as much of a shock.Deserves to be at least mentioned in the next raw or smackdown.
    Can't see it happening though.Well deserved retirement.:)

Just noticed that WWE mention October 27th as the day that Booker and Sharmell are released. Maybe it's just a typo, but they don't usually say the exact day people are free from the company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

am not really bothered about booker being gone being quite honest, he was great in the harlem heat/best of 7 with benoit days but i never took to him in his wwe years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Why did they call him Booker T, when he has been called King Booker for the last 2 years or so? Idiots...

Still, I enjoyed him as King Booker, he'll be missed.

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Why did they call him Booker T, when he has been called King Booker for the last 2 years or so? Idiots...

Still, I enjoyed him as King Booker, he'll be missed.

Altogether now...
    PUSH FAILED KING BOOKER!!!!

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ill miss Bookers original entrance. One of the better pyros.

Daivari, like all cruisers, never really got a decent run. Wonder will he go indies, or TNA? Seems a decent enough talent, not that that matters in TNA though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

king booker was one of the best characters in WWE. If it wasn't for Triple H and his cronies; booker would have been given a proper run much earlier. Johnson and Austin were all for putting booker over as best as possible.

as for booker retiring, no chance, top wrestlers don't retire unless they get a bad injury and even then sometimes that doesn't keep them away (kurt hennig being a good example). Booker will stay away for a few months but the urge to return will be too great

rossie1977 wrote: »
    king booker was one of the best characters in WWE. If it wasn't for Triple H and his cronies; booker would have been given a proper run much earlier. Johnson and Austin were all for putting booker over as best as possible.

You're taking the piss here right?, both those guys buried Booker! During and after the invasion angle. If you call losing in a supermarket brawl (Price check on jackass!) being put over, i'd had to see your definition of a burial!

And then you go on to blame HHH and his cronies. Be serious m'man!
    VR!

You're taking the piss here right?, both those guys buried Booker! During and after the invasion angle. If you call losing in a supermarket brawl (Price check on jackass!)

no it made for tv gold is what it did along with the church skit. those skits got booker over with the WWE fans. Austin has always been careful about who he works with.

would you consider khali to have buried cena all summer long due to the fact he beat the living crap out of him backstage time and time again :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Did Booker not get his Texas wrestling promotion to sign a developmental deal with TNA? maybe the reason they specified the release date was to try and make tha 6 (?) month WWE no resign with a different company clause last longer

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Did Booker not get his Texas wrestling promotion to sign a developmental deal with TNA? maybe the reason they specified the release date was to try and make tha 6 (?) month WWE no resign with a different company clause last longer

i didn't hear that; but without a development deal with one of the biggies, bookers promotion is on the highway to nowhere along with hundreds of other similar wrestling promotions in the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

You're taking the piss here right?, both those guys buried Booker! During and after the invasion angle. If you call losing in a supermarket brawl (Price check on jackass!) being put over, i'd had to see your definition of a burial!

And then you go on to blame HHH and his cronies. Be serious m'man!
    VR!
    Atleast Booker got to pin Austin (in a handicap match with Boss Man, but a win's a win).

I wish him the best. He never got as far as he should have done, but always worked fantastically hard.

but without a development deal with one of the biggies, bookers promotion is on the highway to nowhere along with hundreds of other similar wrestling promotions in the states.

Not necessarily. It depends on what his goals are. From what I've read he has a school run by his brother that runs shows now and again. It sounds pretty low scale so it should do fine.

The school will probably do better the more he is around I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Fozzy wrote: »
    Just noticed that WWE mention October 27th as the day that Booker and Sharmell are released. Maybe it's just a typo, but they don't usually say the exact day people are free from the company

Was wondering about that, figured it was just a typo. Any chance it has to do with Booker being suspended 60 days instead of 30?

• Advertisement

Was wondering about that, figured it was just a typo. Any chance it has to do with Booker being suspended 60 days instead of 30?

Probably, it's about 30 days after the others returned to tv

booker has been released EFFECTIVE from October 27th.

Figure Four says: "With the statement that was released on WWE.com yesterday saying that the release would be effective “October 27th” it looks like WWE wanted to send a clear message that Booker had been suspended on August 27th and they were actually fired from the company rather than him walking out."

Its funny , the Smackdown Vs Raw game is already outdated and its not even out yet .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Its funny , the Smackdown Vs Raw game is already outdated and its not even out yet .

It's always out of date, they model it after Superstars who are with the company around May and it has nearly 6 months too become outdated!

RAW for the Xbox was the best one for that. With HHH, Scott Steiner and Goldberg on the cover. By the time it was actually released, HHH was the only one left on the roster.

(HHHaters need not respond!)
    VR!

A statement from Booker on his website:
    Announcement

We want to begin by thanking the many wonderful WWE fans that we have had the privilege of entertaining over the last eight years. Sharmell and I have enjoyed the opportunity to put smiles on your faces night after night. We also want to thank everyone in the wrestling community for their support of our very own P.W.A. (Pro Wrestling Alliance). The dream of bringing professional wrestling back to my home town of Houston, Texas is coming to fruition, and we have you to thank for it.

I want to address something that has been on my mind for quite some time now in regards to my recent suspension from WWE. I want to state for the record that I was not taking any illegal substance, or anything outside of my physician's care, and that the suspension was unwarranted. However, rather than fight the suspension or publicly voice my discontent, I used this recent hiatus to rest, work with the P.W.A., and reflect on the direction of my career as a professional wrestler. I also, for the record, have never at any time ordered anything from "Signature Pharmacy". This allegation is upsetting, and the careless and slanderous reporting of this matter is currently being addressed by my legal counsel.

I would like to also address any possible rumors or misinformation regarding our release from WWE. I had been unhappy for quite some time with the direction that the Company was going in. In fact, I asked for my release back in July for that very reason. However, after further contemplation, I decided to continue on with WWE because of my passion for this industry and my desire to entertain the fans. Unfortunately, it quickly became apparent that my unhappiness with my work environment was beginning to take a great toll on other aspects of my life. I knew that it was time to make some extremely tough decisions. Therefore, in the interest of my mental, physical, and spiritual well being, I along with my wife, asked for our release from World Wrestling Entertainment for the second time within months. We were graciously granted our release and we have since amicably parted ways. While the business relationship between ourselves and the WWE has ended, we will continue to be involved in Professional Wrestling. We hope that our loyal fans will follow us as we make this transition.

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts, and we will see you soon!

Booker T. and Sharmell

Strange that he got suspended before as well then...

The last eight years?
    Correct me if i am wrong, but he debuted in WWE before King Of The Ring 01. Eight years?

Royalty has a problem with mathematic, clearly! Looks like the dumb Booker T role he was given at the end of 01 beginning of 02 wasn't an act after all :D

VR!

The last eight years?
    Correct me if i am wrong, but he debuted in WWE before King Of The Ring 01. Eight years?

Royalty has a problem with mathematic, clearly! Looks like the dumb Booker T role he was given at the end of 01 beginning of 02 wasn't an act after all :D

VR!

this is the same guy who robbed his workplace wearing a mask/hood and at the same time wearing his work uniform which had his name badge still attached :D yes booker is pretty dumb

• Advertisement

this is the same guy who robbed his workplace wearing a mask/hood and at the same time wearing his work uniform which had his name badge still attached :D yes booker is pretty dumb

And yet in his early 40's, he's one of too few wrestlers of his generation that has saved his money and has nothing too worry on that front for the rest of his life. And he has Sharmell on his arm too. I wish I was a dumb as Booker.

Just from the outside looking in, the guy has made a phenomenal success of his life from the upbringing he had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

"Booker, what's 2+2"

"2+2, hmm...
    Thomas Jefferson Sucka"

"Do you know, Booker?!"
    As much as i'll sh*t on Rock's ring skill, or lack of. I'll never get tired of his promos :D

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Thank god bookers gone. The guy is and always has been absolute rubbish especially his mike work. I honestly have no idea why the bloke has been as successful as he has. Just hope he goes back to his texas kingdom and doesnt resurface for a while.

Shaneomac wrote: »
    I honestly have no idea why the bloke has been as successful as he has.

Just maybe because he's a lot better than most?

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Thank god bookers gone. The guy is and always has been absolute rubbish especially his mike work. I honestly have no idea why the bloke has been as successful as he has. Just hope he goes back to his texas kingdom and doesnt resurface for a while.

please let us know in your humble opinion who you think are excellent wrestlers and who is great on the mike if booker sucked at both :confused:

• Advertisement

Dude, given that your username is Shaneomac. Please don't tell me you think Shane McMahon is a better wrestler than Booker T?! Please! The guy is a one bump per match wonder!

I'm with rossie1977 here, i'd be curious who you'd put over as a better wrestler than Booker, provided you've actually seen his WCW stuff or his tag stuff with Stevie Ray.

VR!

Advertisement