Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in town

Options
  • 16-10-2007 7:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Bringing a friend out for her birthday on Friday night. Basically looking for somewhere in town to go but please not the Texas Steakout or the Jasmine. I think if i eat there anymore im going to be mistaken for a member of staff.

Something nice and quiet. I was thinking of Milanos but ive never been in there so dont know what its like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

There are countless (and by countless I mean far too many to count) threads on this in this forum, it's almost a weekly occurance at this stage.

Short answer. The Poppadom or Bambu. Both serve excellent food at average prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Milanos is great if you're into pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

La Piccola Italia is my favourite in town... lovely food. Need to book, though... Friday night might be booked out already.

061 315844 (it has a permanent place on my mobile phone!)

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

The Piccolo does excellent authentic Italian food. Milanos does "upper class" Pizza. The Green Onion is good for contemporary Irish food. The Market Square is pricey but very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

OwenM wrote: »
    The Piccolo does excellent authentic Italian food. Milanos does "upper class" Pizza. The Green Onion is good for contemporary Irish food. The Market Square is pricey but very very good.

Has the Green Onion closed or has it moved? I don't think it's open in Rutland St. anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Mr E wrote: »
    La Piccola Italia is my favourite in town... lovely food. Need to book, though... Friday night might be booked out already.

061 315844 (it has a permanent place on my mobile phone!)

Where is that?

I dropped a hint tonight(its a surprise) and shes not a fan of indian or thai, loves italian(you think id have known that, i lived with her)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

What about Luigi Malones? Is that still there? Was there a while back good menu although not that quiet! Anything would be better than the Texas Sh1thouse.

eamon234 wrote: »
    What about Luigi Malones? Is that still there? Was there a while back good menu and caters well for groups. Anything would be better than the Texas Sh1thouse.

Its only 2 of us. Ive never been in there so no idea what its like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

There are countless (and by countless I mean far too many to count) threads on this in this forum, it's almost a weekly occurance at this stage.

Exactly..

I requested that a sticky be made on this topic a couple of months back and yet still there are requests for restaurant recommendations... it's getting a wee bit repetative and ridiculous imo..

Jesus if its so repetitive why come into the thread? You know what its going to be about, why come in here just to post something which isnt constructive or helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Exactly..

I requested that a sticky be made on this topic a couple of months back and yet still there are requests for restaurant recommendations... it's getting a wee bit repetative and ridiculous imo..

I was just about to suggest the same thing lol! I cant really do it, dont know an awful lot about limerick restaurants etc

I personally recommend la Piccola Italia :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 italian foodie

Great to hear such good feedback on the Piccola:) Alfredo would be delighted!!!

http://italianfoodies.blog.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Zi Wi Tong (spelling might be a bit off)- Father Russel Road

Best chinese ever

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

1huge1 wrote: »

Best chinese ever

They have a small place next to the Old Quarter Bar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

1huge1 wrote: »

Best chinese ever

Yeah great chinese but the OP mentioned not wanting to go to The Jasmine and the fella that owns The Jasmine owns The Z-we-ton :p

Advertisement