Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish prices - not good

Options
  • 16-10-2007 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys, just thought i'd share this with you, had been on the look out for a few new gadgets recently, and ended up buying them when over in london last week, got the credit card statement today, knew i had saved, but didn't reliase quite how much until i got the statement

creative zen v plus 8 8gb

i paid 174 euro, have seen for sale here at 250 euro

garmin edge 205 (gps trainer for cycling)

i paid, again 174 euro, have seen here at 264 euro

quite a saving, ok will have to pay off the credit card, but hopefully will clear that in the next couple of months,

my question is, why are irish prices so high in comparison, i know there is tax, but that price difference is still crazy by comparision

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

tell us something new... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

They are even cheaper in Germany....

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

what about petrol......average is 97.8p STG which is approx 1.50 euro !

http://www.petrolprices.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

i'm not sure what you are doing with petrol in the gadgets forum... do you need petrol for your mp3 player?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I'll explain : OP talking about how certain items were dearer in Ireland than the UK. I provided an example of how not everything is dearer than the UK.

But unlike you whippersnappers I remember having a two-stroke Gramaphone - it used get 2 hours on a tank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Nice one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

parsi wrote: »
    I'll explain : OP talking about how certain items were dearer in Ireland than the UK. I provided an example of how not everything is dearer than the UK.

But unlike you whippersnappers I remember having a two-stroke Gramaphone - it used get 2 hours on a tank.

How on earth would you hear it . I said how on earth would you hear it!!! ...................never knew such a thing existed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

So that explains why I do my shoppings in Belfast... :D
    The same island, the same country, but different prices. Strange, very strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Shop around. Currys in Liffey Valley have been selling a 80GB Archos for €350 for the past while... whilst some shops were "dropping" their 40GB Archos's to €400...

My point: you'll always find something cheaper elsewhere.

Advertisement