Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The nearly perfect BMW?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

They can start saving to buy a BMW engine for it now and then they'll have a perfect BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Thats disgusting........

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Come on lads, you're not seriously trying to tell me you'd prefer that car with its original engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Compared to BMW's valvetronic, v-tec loks a bit.....dated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valvetronic

I'm not with you? That car started life as an E36 318i.

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote: »
    Come on lads, you're not seriously trying to tell me you'd prefer that car with its original engine?

As long as it's 2.5 or larger I'd prefer a BMW to stay the way it is thanks. If you want to put a Honda engine in it you might as well put a Honda badge on the back of it. I've no problems with Honda by the way, they make some fine engines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

junkyard wrote: »
    As long as it's 2.5 or larger I'd prefer a BMW to stay the way it is thanks. If you want to put a Honda engine in it you might as well put a Honda badge on the back of it. I've no problems with Honda by the way, they make some fine engines.
    It was a 318i. Would you prefer that to have stayed the way it was?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

If I wanted a Honda I'd have bought a Honda. If I want a BMW I want a BMW.

If a 318i is too slow, why would you have bought the 318i in the first place?

You could buy an M3 or a 320i or 318iS or a 325i or even a 324td, all of which are faster than a 318i.

Or take the 318i and put the M50B25 engine from the E36 325i, and problem solved!

On the other hand, a 6 pot BMW engine in the bonnet of a Honda, sounds like a brilliant idea to me;)!

Hondas are no means the worst or anything even close to the worst car you can buy, they've some very good cars like the new Civic Hatchback and the Accord, but my like of Hondas only stretches so far!

Ditto my earlier post..............I don't do anything under 2.5 litres not even Honda V-tec's.;)

• Advertisement

Well i'd love a go in it anyway.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

LOL! I knew this thread would provoke a few reactions!

@E92: maybe he wanted a BMW with a Honda engine? Can't buy one of those!

@Cosmo K: look up i-VTEC (VTEC is 1st generation, like BMW's VANOS)

Some people prefer revs. Do any BMW engines go to and beyond 9,000rpm?

Advertisement