Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom cold calling

Options
  • 16-10-2007 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

I am not sure this is the best forum for this, mods you know the the drill.

Has any one had Eircom call around to their house claiming that due to some legislative change everyone is entitled to free installation of phone points?

My house mate answered the door to a guy who said he was from Eircom and wanted to install the aforementioned points. All very strange since I already have the points and am only disconnected by my own choice seeing as they couldn't supply me with a broadband connection.

I haven't received any literature about this in addvance and can't find a mention of it on the eircom web site. This all smelled fishy to me, but may be I'm paranoid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The wiring in our place was in an atrocious state and after much hassling, an Eircom engineer came around and fixed it! No charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

That sounds rather dodgy. I dont think theres any legislation allowing anyone to recieve free phone points...

I'd report it to Eircom...

If the guys came in Eircom vans and had ID i'd have no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Remember asking them to install a second point when we got a landline a few years back. They said they didn't do that anymore. No bother -- did it myself using a guide on this site!

Advertisement