Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It has just occured to me..

Options
  • 16-10-2007 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

.. One 5th of the year gone, and Timans has done a total amount of 0 study.

Scary. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

How does one quantify study? : p

Watch the film you're doing for the comparative (or a film of a drama or go to a theatre if you want to be cultured about it), two hours study in the bag. Truman Show (what I'm doing) was on the other night, but I missed it. Alas.

Personally, I'm forfeiting most study (unless for class tests) until February, until I get my portfolio done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Timans wrote: »
    .. One 5th of the year gone, and Timans has done a total amount of 0 study.

Scary. :eek:

Well start now!!!! Seriously I wouldn't start worrying about it just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Watch the film you're doing for the comparative

Now there's an idea... I'll have to find Inside I'm Dancing (which was actually really good) somewhere.

But yeah, the only things I've studied for so far are class tests, and even those results haven't been great.
    But I will get my act together soon... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Gary Moore/b.b king / Thin Lizzy , going all my music study by Thin Lizzy alone but it cant hurt to have Gary Moores solo stuff on... also trying to sit down and read books... any kind books but if its not about cars and that kinda stuff i cant :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Hmm, a 5th already! :0
    Dang, I knew they said the year would fly but wow..
    Oh,Im in 6th year too and I havent started studying yet, have done nothing up to now but started night study in school last night and am now forcing myself to go.. at least that way im guaranteed around 3hours study a night, maybe you should do the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Do the after school study but I'd say leave the mobile in your school locker if you have one and don't sit anywhere near your friends. That way its just you and the books and you'll have nothing else to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

230 days to the leaving people... pressures on :rolleyes:

Jello wrote: »
    Now there's an idea... I'll have to find Inside I'm Dancing (which was actually really good) somewhere.

But yeah, the only things I've studied for so far are class tests, and even those results haven't been great.
    But I will get my act together soon... :)

Thats about the two irish lads in the wheel chair ain't it, was fairly good, we did the truman show in 5th year, great movie

cson wrote: »
    Do the after school study but I'd say leave the mobile in your school locker if you have one and don't sit anywhere near your friends. That way its just you and the books and you'll have nothing else to do.

Believe me I always seem to find a way, I spent a hour drawing Garlield comic strips there in after school study there the other day

Sorry about 3 posts after each other, wasn't bother doing all the quote things in one

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

Yeah, I still think I don't know how to study properly at all, yet.. For the junior cert it was all cramming, same with Christmas and Summer tests last year.

I've started after-school study too, I find it's actually quite useful, if only for getting all my homework done properly. Better than procrastinating and doing it in a rush at home..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

1huge1 wrote: »
    Thats about the two irish lads in the wheel chair ain't it, was fairly good, we did the truman show in 5th year, great movie

Yeah that's the one.

Truman Show is brilliant too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

Jello wrote: »
    Yeah that's the one.

Truman Show is brilliant too.

ye, i've watched the truman show at least five times. im doing it as a comparative to hamlet and philidelphia here i come. i never knew there were som many similarities.

Advertisement