Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Front Splitter

Options
  • 16-10-2007 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Just looknig for some help. Just bought a front splitter which I need to spray and mount. Just wondering for any advice. Im looknig at the adhesive's from halfords to attach it the front bumper, but Ive also been advised of getting clamps? (not sure where you'd get these?)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

What car is it for? you going to mount and spray it yourself? Is the car lowered at all? personally i wouldnt trust adhesive`s`to hold a splitter on, are there no mounting bolts??

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Theres holes alright in the splitter, but I dont have any! Plus theres no holes in the bumper. Its an Almera. Its not lowered (yet) It has a slightly higher clearance than standard, as there are bigger tyres, so the drop isint going to be too drastic.

Personally id mount it with bolts, just make 3 holes to match on each and bolt it on. Is the splitter made for the car?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

That's what ill do so! Thanks!
    Yes, the splitter is made specifically for the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

out of interest. what material is the splitter made from?

• Advertisement

so its made for the car, is it secondhand? so no mounting hardware? like colm said whats it made of?

Advertisement